How Often do you Wash your Cat?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a beauty!!!!! Ohhhhh..... So cute!!!!! Congrats again, and good luck tomorrow and Monday!

jellybella

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No show cats, so I try not to bathe them. Stan has longer hair and questionable litterbox habits, so at least once a year he gets really stinky and he gets a quick bath. I mostly concentrate on his back end and I use Dr Bronner's baby mild soap. Then he goes into a very warm towel and gets lots of treats and lovin' for being a good boy

I have never tried to bathe Bella and I don't know if I own enough body armor to try...luckly she is a very good groomer.

magicchic

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I actually just picked up Savannah from the vet the other day and he said "I think the people you adopted the cat from is lying to you. She's definitely part Bengal, but all bobcat and cats mixed with any bobcat would have a stubby tail. I'm not sure what she is mixed with though." So, either way, the Bengal still explains why she would like water!

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MagicChic

I actually just picked up Savannah from the vet the other day and he said "I think the people you adopted the cat from is lying to you. She's definitely part Bengal, but all bobcat and cats mixed with any bobcat would have a stubby tail. I'm not sure what she is mixed with though." So, either way, the Bengal still explains why she would like water!
Most vets are not too familiar with all the different breeds. Manx is a breed of cat with a stubbed tail, nothing to do with a bob cat.
A genetic mutation can cause a shortened tail.

girlsetsfiyah

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I rarely bathe my boys, 2ce a year at the most.

I guess how often you do it would depend on your ssituation, how long the hair is, and why they need to be bathed (show, mess, etc)

I have to wash Fatty's back end often, as he always has will-nots hanging off it! I usually have to shave his rear area, but I've been slacking now that I'm away at school, and just the fiance is taking care of them.

kara_leigh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had to give Milo a bath the day I brought him home because he was absolutely FILTHY and I couldn't stand it any longer. He didn't have fleas or anything, it just looked like he had been rolling around in dry dirt his whole life. He is supposed to be black and white, and he looked more black and tan. lol I didn't have any kitten shampoo, so I just used baby shampoo. He LOVED the bath and sat so still for me. I washed everything but his head, which was actually fairly clean (probably because his momma kept that part clean).

I had never given a cat a bath before that day though, and we've had lots of cats.