How often do you scoop the litter box. He insists on twice a day.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scoop twice a day. 2 cats, 1 large box. Sometimes if I'm late with a scoop I'll go the next time and find there's nothing been added since then but I always check - dont' like the idea of poo hanging around for 24 hours.

I dump it into scented nappy sacks. They're cheap and just the right size. I then dump them into the litter locker in the bathroom.

purrpaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Which brings me to a question: To those who scoop every day where do you deposit everything? If I did it every day and couldn't flush I'd run out of plastic bags. We only bring home so many from grocery shopping
I got a litter locker at Christmas. It's fantastic!

2 cats, 3 boxes. I plan to scoop once a day but usually have to scoop twice because Prego drops the worst bombs ever and he doesn't bury.

I think most cats will be twice a day and poop once a day. That's what Prego does. Polly has a medical condition that requires a high water intake, so she pees four or five times a day.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When I had more then 4 cats, I'd scoop twice a day. Right now with 2 cats, I scoop once a day or if its strong then get it again.

rosey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
once a day for me. One box is huge and the other is smaller and as long as I scoop once a day, you can't smell it.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by PurrPaws

I got a litter locker at Christmas. It's fantastic!

2 cats, 3 boxes. I plan to scoop once a day but usually have to scoop twice because Prego drops the worst bombs ever and he doesn't bury.

I think most cats will be twice a day and poop once a day. That's what Prego does. Polly has a medical condition that requires a high water intake, so she pees four or five times a day.
Oh neat! I'll have to look into getting one. Right now it's not a big deal because of the flushable litter, but once I go back to non-flushable (the stuff I have now, Cat's Pride) is dusty and super messy).

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats, two litter boxes, and I scoop once a day, but a lot of times it's more because of Chevy's stinky poos. I just got a litter locker for Christmas too! Love it!

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Boy, you are all much more responsible cat owners than me!

1 cat - 1 litterbox - and in an ideal world it would get done once a day - but this isn't an ideal world. Most often I actually remember to scoop it every 3 or so days. It's gone as long as a week. When I'm less swamped with other things, it gets done every other day.

Thankfully, he's not picky about it.

gailuvscats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When you go on vacation put a second box. He will get over himself if you are not there. My cats do the same thing. My one cat insisits I come to watch him pee. He keeps whining until I go into the kitchen and stand there while he pees. geez. but when I was away he managed to pee in the box without me.

jean44

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Since I'm home most of the time (retired
) I scoop at least 3-4 times a day. I don't have as many boxes as I should for seven cats- no good places to put that many- so I don't want them to get too dirty. Plus there are the occasional stinky poos that I can smell from across the room.
Got to get rid of those quickly.

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 8 Cats 5 Litter boxes all covered and 5 litter lockers, and I like you Jean am home most of the time so I do clean them at least 3 or 4 times a day, I think it's healthier for them also keeps germs down, I have 4 upstairs and 1 downstairs one in each of 3 bedrooms and 1 in a bathroom and 1 in by the laundry room

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Pami

Add another box for your kitty then you can scoop once a day. I scoop once a day.
I agree, add another box. I normally scoop twice a day, but they don't mind if I only do it once.

gizmocat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One cat, one litterbox.

Scoop in the morning, scoop when I'm back from work, scoop before going to bed.
Actually since the box is in the bathroom I check for deposits whenever I'm in there.

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
2 cats, 2 boxes.

Teddy will poop on the floor every so often - but that's due to his preference for tons of litter in the box, and when it gets low, he gets mad.

Generally, I scoop 2-4 times a day. My cats have smelly poop, even with covered boxes and air filters in the area. Plus, I know they like it clean, too!

jenny82

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 cats, 3 boxes, and I scoop once a day.

I notice that they only use 2 boxes and will sometimes rotate between which 2 they use.

reesespbc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jenny82

2 cats, 3 boxes, and I scoop once a day.

I notice that they only use 2 boxes and will sometimes rotate between which 2 they use.
Why 3 boxes for only 2 cats? I guess cats probably do like choices just like humans do. Regular stall or handicapped access stall

catcrazyperson

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i am guilty to admit that i dont scoop consistently. both of my kitties have large litterboxes, and it's easy to run out of time. i'm trying to do better though!

shambelle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ReesesPBC

Why 3 boxes for only 2 cats? I guess cats probably do like choices just like humans do. Regular stall or handicapped access stall
The general thought is 1 box per cat + an extra. If I had the space, I'd have 3 for my two cats too!