How often do you scoop the litter box. He insists on twice a day.

joanne511

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

"I buy the plastic grocery sacks. 1000 for $12...only a bit more than a penny apiece."

Where do you buy those sacks? We've been begging our local Target store to sell them to us, but no luck...
I didn't even realize a person could buy them! I'd like to find something more biodegradeable though. Hmm, I'll have to think about this.

Oh, and I forgot to answer the question: I scoop once a day. The boxes are pretty big and they seem to be fine with a scoop each evening.

beandip

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

"I buy the plastic grocery sacks. 1000 for $12...only a bit more than a penny apiece."

Where do you buy those sacks? We've been begging our local Target store to sell them to us, but no luck...
I get them at Sam's Club. They're on the shelf in cases, near the garbage bags.

It's been a real blessing. I hate having to go through the used ones we have, checking for holes. Nothing worse than dribbling sand all over the house.

loreye

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
wow, twice a day? And I thought I was doing good with every second day. When it was just Spook I did it once a week. Since the little guys came along I bumped up to every second day. Well, every second day, twice a day. Whenever I go to scoop, all three of them come and watch.

Then when I am done, they all take a turn in the box.

Then I scoop again and tie up the bag and take it outside.

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scoop once a day. That's about all I have time for, really. And by the time I do it, everyone has pooped, so they have a fresh poop-free start the next day.

miao_kitty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to say that I don't scoop, I have an automatic litterbox. I have only one cat, but she's pretty picky about the clealiness of her litterbox too. Once I got the automatic she started using it right away even though her old box was out to help get her used to the new one. She also love to watch the rake scoop the refuse into the trap. =)

animalhouse

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have 4 kittys in the house atm.. but only 2 use the pan *others are indoor/outdoor * and wehave 2 BIG pans.. and we scoop 2 times a day.. My male is VERY perticular with how clean it is..Lol Usually if it is dirty when we scoop.. as soon as it gets clean, he is in there pooin or peeing .. lol

david mcgowan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My wife uses an empty litter container for poop.It closes so no smell and lasts about a week with several scoopings a day for 2 adult cats.

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Five cats, three boxes. I have a fourth box, but can't figure out where to put it. 

I scoop... every other day or every three days. And now I know I'm a bad cat mom!

Last month, I was super broke and only had one cat box. At that time, I also got an ulcer, but when undiagnosed for awhile... long story short, I was briefly bed-ridden. The litter box was a mess and my cats let me know by using my room as their box. Noelle even peed directly on me! Lesson learned. Even if I can't take my own showers... clean the damn litter box.

shaka

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
:lol wow - I hope I don't offend, but that is so cute!

I do Alex's twice a day, the smell is so bad, although it is painfully slowly getting better, he poop twice and pee's at least twice.

Freckles, once a day, her poop doesn't stink :

Actually it doesn't, but if it did, I'm sure it would offend her.  I love her.

8whiskers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 8 cats and I scoop...ZERO times a day!

I have 3 Cat Genies, and they do everything automatically (scoop, wash, sanitize and dry). The solids get liquified and are sent down a drain (one in my extra shower I don't use, one in my toilet, and the third goes in the same drain as the washing machine uses. All supplies are shipped to my door, and I LOVE them. I haven't scooped a box in more than 6 years.

I highly recommend them. Their customer service is great. The boxes now have "Cat Activation" that detects when the cat has been in the box and starts a cleaning cycle 10 minutes after they leave. They always have a clean box, and the genies themselves require very little maintenance.

Check them out at www.catgenie.com

No, I don't work for them or get any money or benefits from saying I like them. I'm just a happy customer! :-)

miskinsincap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm happy to say that I don't scoop, I have an automatic litterbox. I have only one cat, but she's pretty picky about the clealiness of her litterbox too. Once I got the automatic she started using it right away even though her old box was out to help get her used to the new one. She also love to watch the rake scoop the refuse into the trap. =)
I want one of those. I have two cats (one 15 year old lady, and a 3 moth old boy), two boxes they share. The little one goes several times a day, and our queen hates to find the litterbox dirty; she will just go anywhere if the box is not clean. So nowadays scooping seems to be my life; I scoop, sit down for a coffe break, then I go and scoop again, first thing in the morning, last thing before bedtime. I do so very much want one of those automatic litterboxes.

thevegancuddler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I want one of those. I have two cats (one 15 year old lady, and a 3 moth old boy), two boxes they share. The little one goes several times a day, and our queen hates to find the litterbox dirty; she will just go anywhere if the box is not clean. So nowadays scooping seems to be my life; I scoop, sit down for a coffe break, then I go and scoop again, first thing in the morning, last thing before bedtime. I do so very much want one of those automatic litterboxes.
My best friend has a cat like that! His name is Y, and I spend all of my time teasing her about what a priss he is. As soon as he poops he runs to her and looks up at her as if asking why she won't scoop each and every poo. Apparently his last human did that. In her case, he's one year old, so he was a little more adaptable to a less... accommodating schedule. =P

miskinsincap

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My best friend has a cat like that! His name is Y, and I spend all of my time teasing her about what a priss he is. As soon as he poops he runs to her and looks up at her as if asking why she won't scoop each and every poo. Apparently his last human did that. In her case, he's one year old, so he was a little more adaptable to a less... accommodating schedule. =P
Haha, believe me, this is the most adapted version of Peanut; there was a time that she refused to go at all if the litterbox was not clean. And since her intestines are as weird as she is, that could easily result with a cat unable to poo, and a stressful vet trip. I know it sounds a bit pathetic, but I'm actually glad that she does it "somewhere". Well, I have some pretty hillarious memories concerning cat poo, but I'm sure you wouldn't want to hear them 

paws4life

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 4 cats and I scoop my 3 boxes daily and vacume around them. Every wendsay I empty them all and toss it in the garbage and take it to the curb. I then wash out my pans and dry with paper towel and then spray a bacteria killer and let them air dry in the sun. for storage I keep my clean cat litter in a big grey Rubbermaid tote with a smaller plastic bin that cat litter comes in for $10 and store my dirty stuff in there and seel the lid. I have now started putting the closed dirty bin into the clean bin to make sure I have no smells.

I uses to clean them weekly when I only had two cats and a huge Rubbermaid litter box they never cared.