4kittiesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So, how often do you scoop?

every other day or so, as needed

How often do you add litter?

every 4 or 5 days

How often do you totally change the litter/clean the box (I do this together, don't know if everyone does)?

every week and a half

What litter do you use and do you use any additives?

Right now.. Tidy cats scoop in 4 boxes, feline pine in one, and crystal pearls in one
I use OFF! cat stain and odor remover when I clean out the boxes

And of course, how many cats do you have?
4 perminent, 3 bottle-fed kittens (want one?), and I feed about 5 ferals outside

hank_n_angel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
at least once a day, sometimes more

whenever needed

How often do you totally change the litter/clean the box (I do this together, don't know if everyone does)?
not very often, maybe once a month

Arm&Hammer multi cat- I'm pretty sure thats what its called

novemberflowers

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
2x per day

Whenever it looks like it's starting to get low (every 3 days, maybe)

Have only done this once in the 3+ months the kitties have been here. Really should probably do that this week.

Tidy Cats Multiple Cats (original)

2; and 2 litter boxes

kittylover77

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have one littermaid automatic box, so it scoops it daily, every time cat uses it.

Twice a week, to make sure litter is in between the lines of the box, per instruction.

Whenever I feel like its dirty, and has too many crumbles, usually once every two months, I soap and wash the box then as well.

Precious Cat litter, by Dr. Elsey WORKS GREAT, no additives. It does not smell nor is dusty.

2 girls.

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty casual about litter box maintenance, and the cats don't seem to mind; they're both very neat about using the box, though Tiny likes to try to dig to China... Scoop once per day. Add litter when the level gets low. Clean/change if I can smell anything, or if it gets messy. I've only got two cats and three boxes, though. People with more cats probably have to scoop more often. I use off-brand litter which I buy at Aldi's; it's close to my work and I use a bike for transportation (no car) so I'm pretty much limited to buying the cheapest litter within my bike radius (five miles--I'm no athlete!). But it's decent litter--it clumps hard enough to scoop it out, though I have to be careful or else the clumps fall apart. I don't mind particularly, especially since it's plain litter without any nasty perfumes in it. I add baking soda sometimes--it cuts down on the smell 'cause Tiny's still a tomcat. (Just wait till Friday, Tiny-boy!)

ddcats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I had just changed the litter box, all nice and clean, and then Cassy comes along to do her business. My DK's thought I was crazy because I waited for Cassy to finish and said to Cassy "No, No, don't bury, git, mom will take care of it".

So, being the good mom that I am, I scooped it out when she was finished and Cassy was looking at me with this "What in the world is she crazy or what"? look on her face. "She did not give me a chance to bury". "That's my job, not hers."

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

I had just changed the litter box, all nice and clean, and then Cassy comes along to do her business.
OMG my girls seem to do this every time it's changed without fail!

lore

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by artgecko

Once a day, or twice, if I have the time...I ROLL, not scoop, because I have a roll-away litter box (and I'm loving it! ).

[/color]
I've often wondered how well those worked

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The one upstairs I scoop every other day or whenever it starts getting real poopy.

I don't except for when I dump out all the litter.

How often do you totally change the litter/clean the box?
Every Saturday.

I actually can't remember what kind.
We don't use any additives.

Two, both girls.

huyi

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by ddcats

I had just changed the litter box, all nice and clean, and then Cassy comes along to do her business.
ditto, my cat does it too lol

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I completly dump the litter once a week and wash it out thoroughly with soap and hot water. The rest of the week, i just scoop once a day

I have four cats, and they have 3 covered litter pans (i had 4, but none of them would use the 4th one so i took it away.)

We use the Target or Kroger brand scooping/clumping litter for multi cats (i used Arm & Hammer multi cats for a long time, until i realized the target/kroger store brands were MUCH better and a lot cheaper!)

maija

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
-Every morning and every evening

-Once in week

-Once in month or when I feel litter/box is dirty.

- Extreme classic

- two cats and only one litterbox. Considered buying one more.

peppergirl

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
-twice a day

-basically as needed

well I havn't had my kitten long, so I don't know yet

- Arm and Hammer litter

-one

kittieshasme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
-every day.
-as needed.
How often do you totally change litter/ clean the box?
-every other week or sooner if it gets smelly.
What kind of litter?
-Tidy Cat Immediate Odor Control.
How many cats?
-three cats - two litter boxes.

sakura

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*bump*

I know this is an older thread but I found it in a board search and was wondering if more people had more to add.

So, how often do you scoop? 1-2x a day.

How often do you add litter? Every couple of days, not very often.

How often do you totally change the litter/clean the box (I do this together, don't know if everyone does)? I've been doing it about once a week or once every 1.5 weeks, but after reading this thread I'm thinking that I don't need to do it this frequently. I change the covered one more often because it is used more and because it's covered.

What litter do you use and do you use any additives? At the moment I'm using Arm & Hammer's Super Scoop Fragrance Free. I don't know if I'll continue using it, we'll see. I use Dr. Elsey's Litter Attract, only because I have it and want to use it up (don't have a need for it, I thought I might with my kitten but I don't). I've also started using Arm & Hammer's litter box odor control powder (before I bought this, I just used plain baking soda which I might return to).

How many cats do you have? 2

How many litter boxes do you have? 2. I have an uncovered one that only Chloe uses (although Mattie is certainly welcome to use it), and a Booda Dome that they both use.