How often do you change your bedding!?!

lizzie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm forever checking out the clearance sections,especially if it's in a higher end store than I usually shop.In sheets,I prefer the higher count,and if I can find them in 100% cotton,that's even better.Not to long ago at Bed,Bath and Beyond I found a king set,400 count,for $25.They were plain white bit for that price,I wasn't going to complain!I have several sets tucked away...can't pass up a good bargain.Comforters I don't buy too often...they're too warm for me.I much prefer a lightweight blanket and a quilt,but I don't wash quilts with regular detergent.They last a lot longer,and with my cats I wash them often,if I use a quilt soap.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wash/and change the sheets/bedding at least once a week, change them out and have two different sets. I haven't gotten new bedding in years, and what we do have has held up nicely even with three dogs (2 big ones!) and a kitty in the bed too

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't usually go and buy new bedding or towels until the ones I have wear out.

I had 2 sets of water bed sheets and 2 comforters for about 20 years. They finally started to wear thin and develop holes at the foot. And the comforters were wearing thin and starting to come apart and lose the stuffing.

I think it was in 2002 or 2003 that I decided to get new sheets and a new comforter. I couldn't find actual water bed sheets so I picked up 2 sets of regular queen sized sheets (I needed 2 top sheets because the fitted sheets wouldn't fit on the bladder) at Sears along with a new comforter.

That was the only sheet set and comforter I had until a few weeks ago. When I changed my bed I had to launder the sheets and put them right back on the bed again. I grew very tired of doing that and my weekly bed changes went to 2 weeks, then to 3 and finally to once a month.

While I was off work I couldn't afford to invest in anymore sheets, so I made due with the one set.

A few weeks ago I decided to go and get a second set. Just 2 cheap flat sheets and 2 pillow cases from Zellers. $5.00 per sheet!

I like scratchy sheets and scratchy towels, so cheap sets are just fine for me.

I need a new comforter because it's become stained with body oils over the years and discoloured. But I'm not going to get one until I get my new bedroom set and decided how I'm going to decorate. Even then I'll only invest in a few sets and those will be used until they too wear thin.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its really not that they stink they just smell like people after a week plus having 3 cats sleeping on the bed theres fur everywhere so they get washed weekly. I use Gain detergent, liquid softner, and dryer sheets. It keeps the smell going good till day 7 then I have to wash them again to keep it smelling like Gain.

I mostly just change my stuff because I kill comforters by washing them so much and I wont mix and match sheets and comforters and I can find really nice complete bedding sets at Wal Mart for 44.99 and thats for a queen sized bed. So its not horrible to switch them out every 3-4 months. Plus I get bored with what have after a while. My current kick is brown plaid and brown comforter to match. Ive already got my eye on a charcoal and black set for spring time!

Next is new pillows from washing them they get killed pretty quickly too but they last longer about every 6-8 mths I get new pillows.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This morning at about 4am I was rudely woken up my cat who thought it was a nice idea to chunder on my duvet.
Luckily it didn't soak through to the filler, so just a top wash.

ink

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I buy high thread count sheets and high quality comforters when I buy them. They last a long time. I have one comforter and one sheet set. King size sheets are rather expensive and I don't have the money to buy new ones every few months. Eventually I would like to buy a second set of sheets and an alternate comforter. The sheets I have now are a nuetral color and if a get a second set they will be too, that way if I get another comforter the sheets can go with either one.

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I buy them when I need them. Given I often have foster kittens in the bedroom, I have had poop, pee, & puke "accidents" on the blankets.
So I buy cheap, wash often. I also am a super shopper when it comes to bedding, I am very picky on what I like & have a maximum I refuse to go over - so it takes me awhile but I'll find what I want for the price I want & then I snap it up in multiples.

jupeycat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by emrldsky

Now we generally only buy new ones when things start falling apart. However, we need to replace the pillow cases more often, because my husband is balding and his head-grease stains the cases (don't tell him I told ya'll that!!).
Originally Posted by Kiwideus

I am glad that I am not the only one who has a problem with my husband's head grease!
Thank you both for the laugh!!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jessy

I've got some sheets that I've had for 8 years!!!

Is that bad?
I haven't bought new sheets (or bath towels for that matter) in 12 years. I have two sets, changed out every Sunday.

Originally Posted by Misty8723

I finally broke down and bought some new sheets last spring, since we were down to one set and it wasn't in too great of condition. I bought some on sale at Penney, I think they were either 250 count or 300 count. Turned out they were so comfortable, I went out and bought two more sets.

I bought a new pillow a couple years ago because my old one fell apart. Literally. It was the pillow I used as a kid, brought it with me when I got married. It was made of foam rubber and I loved it. This new one I don't care for at all, but I'm afraid to fork over money for another one and have it be the same way. They're all either too thin or too fat.

As for blankets, comfortorers, etc., don't buy any more of those, mine are washable. Occasionally I actually wash them
I bought a memory foam pillow 5 years ago. I LOVE it!!!!