How much would you pay for a meal?

mrsfishy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think themost we've paid was $150 USD for the both of us. That was for a special occassion though. We're going out to eat tonight and I doubt we'd spend more than $100 for the both of us...and that's only if we get a couple of drinks and an appetizer.

The place we went to where it was about $150 did not mention on the menu that your salad was not included in the price of your $50 steak! It was an extra $8.95 for a side salad and then after dinner, they offered us coffee with our dessert. We said "sure", but again did not realize a cup of coffee was $3.95 and did NOT include free refills! SHEESH!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it's in my personal life, with my hubby, we're just picking up something to eat, it's usually around $20 or so each. If we're going out for a nice dinner it's probably around $50 each. For a special occasion, $50-75.

BUT...the dinners I plan for work usually run $90-150 per person. The most expensive meal I've ever had was about $250 per person for a five-hour, nine-course gourmet meal with paired wines at a five-star restaurant. It was wonderful...no doubt the best meal I'll ever have in my life. But no WAY could I afford that on my own.

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

Reading Lionessrampant's post reminded me of how much I love the Chicago Diner as well. The vegan cookies and cream cake and the no-meata fajitas are amazing!!!!
Alls I have to say is VEGAN RICE KRISPIE TREATS!!!!

Chicago Diner is directly at the end of boyfriend's block (yes, he lives in Boys Town with a gay man, a lesbian and 4 cats- they should totally have a sitcom), so we make it over there often. I'm so glad someone shares my passion for the no-meata fajitas!!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow some yummy meal iseas in here. Um, I think I'll have to save up a while before going to The Fat Duck for a $750 meal!!! Holy cow! Well, it better be, at that price!

I love cooking and will try anything, so to actually go out for a meal it has to be a special occasion, and some kind of cuisine that I don't cook myself. We have a sushi place that is fantastic, and really reasonable at $60 for two, incl a good tip.
Last time we ate out we spent $50 on a very disappointing pub meal. It was supposed to a cheap and cheerful night out with friends. Lame meal - undercooked fish & chips and overpriced beer for $50?!! Not amused...

mommalori

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I guess that depends...We were recently in Oklahoma and paid $50 (including a good tip) at a wonderful home-german resturant.... The atmosphere and owners (who operate it) was worth every penny, and the food was divine. However $50 for 2 people + baby is kind of steep around here, but I would easily pay more if we get the chance to return (especially if we had a babysitter as she was tired and fussed all evening)... the entire resturant is magical.

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We dont go out very often at the moment. budjet. When we did, it was usually around $30 for the both of us plus tip. We dont drink.

last meal out we had was $50 on the nose with tip...and actually got two dinners out of it..

of course..i had gift cards hehehe so we didnt spend a dime.

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Oh I absolutely love the Olive Garden, I haven't been there in so long though, their breadsticks are to die for!
I'm a huge fan of Olive Garden also! I try to go for every special occasion.

slitty_kittay

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I think the most we have ever spent was around 500Kr (60 USD) for the both of us and drinks at a local Indian restaurant. It was a special occasion and we really enjoyed it, especially since we don't go out much. I think the most expensive meal I have ever eaten was about 180 USD although I was not the one paying for it...