How much would you pay for a meal?

purity

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much would you pay, or have you paid, for a meal at a restaurant? And was it worth it?!

If it's a special occassion then I don't see £100 for two people as being over the top (including drinks), but I have many friends who wouldn't pay over £40. Obviously we eat at different restaurants!

So, do you push the boat out, or do you keep it firmly anchoured and see meals out as a waste of money?

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
no.. it depends??
When i eat out with my parents it depends where we go, we went to this restaurant in frankfurt for 3 people it was 150 euros. But the food was delicious.

When i eat at a restaurant with ben the most we spent was 50 euros and that is alot for 2 young people.
usually though when my parents come here we go out and eat for 4 and that ranges from 50 - 70 euros.

rosehawke

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll only get Sunny into a fancy restaurant when the nether regions freeze over! The most we've spent is about 50-60USD for the both of us.

milopixie

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If I'm paying for myself it's $25-30 maximum, usually less. If I'm going out with Keith it's more, bc he's picking up the check, lol. We don't usually go out to eat too often so when we do it's appetizers, drinks, and the meal!

bumpy

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
It all depends. I have enjoyed meals in restaurants for less than $5, in fact it may be even lower if you consider McDonald's Restaurant as a "restaurant" I really enjoy their hot fudge and breakfast but there are time when the bill goes up to more than a $1000. So it all depends on the situation.

sammie5

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Intersting question. This summer, while on vacation, my Dad and I went out for a really nice meal. And he's not much of a drinker, so we each had one glass of wine. The bill was $150.00, so easily could have been more if we'd had a bottle. So I don't think that £100 is too much.

loveysmummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fancy evening: $100+ for two people

Regular eating out: $40-$50

We don't eat junk food on a regular basis. Its only emergency food and even then, I will go to a Pita or Burrito place over McDonald's etc. I think McDonald's is overpriced poison.

If I am hard pressed, I may slink into a BK or a Wendy's. But I like their salads and their burgers better than the aforementioned.

Overall, though, I find that I am a better cook than most of what I can find out there.
So, I save money for good ethnic specialties.

(which I do cook just might not have all the ingredients on hand).

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
the most i will spend.. and probably won't again.. for a single meal is $35/person. This was at a seafood buffet at the beach this summer.. Well we went to two so it was 2 nights in a row and the worst part is I don't really like seafood. The only way I'd pay $35 again is if there was dinner entertainment. No kind of food, imo, is worth $35 for one meal for one person. At lunch I try to stay below $3 a day and do well at it although it's all junk..

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I top out around $30 or so bucks a person.

I don't eat beef out and find that unless it's seafood that I am better equiped to cook it than pay for it out. It also helps that I don't drink alcohol. I'm trying to give up soda pop but that is more difficult.

Typically though, if I go out to eat it's either fast food or an Applebees type place that I can come in under $20. I just don't find that I'm satisified spending more money than that on a meal out. $100 is about what I spend on groceries for the month so it would have to be some kind of meal to have me blow that kind of money on it.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well Saturday we had one of those fancy meals. Our tab with drinks,tip, appetizer, meal and dessert was probably about $100-$110. We only do those types of meals once or twice a year. I was so full I didn't eat yesterday until mid-afternoon!!

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
On very special occassions, we have spent $100+ on a really lovely meal for 2. This was in Cleveland, we went to a really romantic Portuguese restaurant, and the dinner included fantastic service, Appetizers, Salads, Wine, soup, Lobster, dessert and after dinner drinks. It was lovely!

The most we've spent out side of our now regular visits there sort of annual- (every time we're in Cleveland)is $60, and that was only ever for Valentines Day so on the whole we do fairly well. I think in general we do about 35-40 bucks tops if it's a nice meal out.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
On special occasions, we can easily spend over $100 for the two of us.

We go out with a group of friends 2-3 times a year usually to a better restaurant. We eat from appetizer to dessert, usually with a lot of drinks in between. Last time we went out, I didnt even ask my husband what our share ended up being. I didn't want to know.

We are all going out again in a few weeks. Here is the menu of where we are going:

http://www.dewolftavern.com/index.cfm?page=Entrees

I better start saving up now!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lol if you include drinks then, I may top out at 40-50/person but only on special occassions. Usually we drink prior to or after eating so we don't need to pay ridiculous restaurant prices for alcohol, but some occasions warrant some drinks..

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
FOr just me no more than 12 bucks usually under five ( you can get a meal with drink and appitizer at some places for that little) ... For a going out with others about the same maybe 25 if it was fine dinning

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

...poor Hubby Pocket!
....bad chick!
....(Just kidding Karen!)...

Hummmmmm....
.....Fran say well, it depend he occasion and the place...but normally we spend $ 25.00 usd in a meal for both included deserts and Tips.....but when is a special ocation the cost would be around to $100.00 Usd...
......................................but is so great!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think the most we ever spent was $88.00 for 2 people including one drink each & tip. That was at the Mango Tree. It is a beautiful restaurant. The only meat I eat is fish, but not shellfish, so that keeps the price down a little.The thing I didn't expect was that I paid $9.50 for a glass of wine.

www.themangotreerestaurant.com

purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I just realized I have no idea how much a meal costs. I've only paid for food when I've taken friends out and I just put the debit card down.

When we go to Vegas we eat at 5-star restaurants but I don't know how much they are. I do know that one of them has a limit of $100 per table. So if you were alone you'd have to pay $100 for a meal. Or was it per person? I don't know.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

We are all going out again in a few weeks. Here is the menu of where we are going:

http://www.dewolftavern.com/index.cfm?page=Entrees

Those prices are VERY reasonable compared to places in this area. Entrees usually start at $25 and go up to about $35.00. Then the appetizers run from $8-$12.

It's pretty much standard to pay $150 for 2 people in a standard good quality restaurant. The expensive ones are even more money.