How much do you have?

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter, my mom and stepdad, one uncle and his wife ... uhm ... that's about it! My dad and his wife are in FL, another uncle and his family live in TX, I have just one brother that I never speak to, he and his wife and child live in MD or VA, I forget which.

I go to friend's houses for holidays now. They are the family I choose.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
On my side, one or maybe two cousins that I know of and am not in touch with. On Rob's side there are a niece, a nephew, a cousin and his son in the Vancouver area; and his Mum, one sister, an aunt, a niece and some cousins in the Victoria area.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see... 50 miles = 80.5 km so... basically most of my family Although I have a couple cousins in Nanuvut and my 2 step uncles are in British Columbia but most of the family is within the 80.5 km.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I have a HUGE family. For the most part, all of them are within 50-55 miles of me. I do have a cousin that lives in OK with her family. I miss her a ton!!! I also have a great uncle and great great aunt that live in CA. There is also some family who live in Arkansas...and some spread out in other states that i've never meet. For the most part though- All of my sisters and I live fairly close together (my sister kimmy and her family just moved back to TN from penn. this year! So it's wondeful to have them back- we are super close!!). So most of my family lives near me, but there are also some family members spread out throughout the US

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

How much family do you have within 50 miles of you?
my mom, dad, & all of my siblings [2 brothers, 1 sister & their spouses & children]. also my dad's brother, his wife, & their daughter & her husband & kids. in total, 24 people, plus me.
however - my mom's family all live in Louisiana [Lake Charles area] & we go there 2-4 times a year to see them. that's further than 50 miles, tho - more like 450. there's over 50 of them...

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None of my family live close to us. Sis lives on Ohio, Mom lives in Texas, Aunt and Uncle live in NY. DH now that's another story. His parents live right across the river in IL a 5 minute drive, and his bro lives 4 blocks from us. I sometimes am sad during the holidays, but then I talk to them and I'm ok again.

janb

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I only have my mum and 1 of my brothers that live near me.
My Dad, my sister and 1 brother lives 70 miles away and i have another brother who lives in scotland. I still get to see my sisiter once a week and we are always on the phone to each other. Hardly ever speak to Dad and i cant remember the last time i spoke to 2 of my brothers.
Quite sad really.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Immediate family is Mom, sis and bro-in-law, nephew and his family, a maternal uncle and wife (as well as a son and his family), another uncle lives a couple of blocks away (one son is nearby the other is in on the west coast - thankfully), a paternal aunt (by marriage) and her kids (except one) and their families...

And thanks to my genealogical research I also have many many many many many many many distant cousins!!!!!

Oh, I almost forgot. I have one remaining great aunt who lives about 30 miles from me.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
2 - my cousin and his wife live about 45 minutes from us.

Otherwise the rest of my family lives about 170 miles from us -

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Umm a thousand. LOL My parents, Grandma, Papa, 2 brothers, 4 sisters, 8 nieces, 30 cousins, 11 aunts/uncles.

pippy-pops

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My sister lives in London so a good 45minutes drive away. My mom lives 10 minutes drive away and my aunt and her little family 10.5minutes drive (she lives across the road from my mom). The rest of my family live either in Austrailia or back home in South Africa so they aren't a hop, skip and a jump away anymore!

alaynna

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
on my side I only have my sister and brother-in-law...and they live across the street...lol

But dh has ALL of his family here except for 1 uncle...so his family makes up for me not having mine here.... which his family probably has over 500 people in it..lol

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a huge family 4 generations have lived here in the same town. My grandmother had 9 siblings and my grandfather had 11! So you can just imagine the relatives I have that all live within 15 miles of me! It boggles the mind to just try and count them all.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
About 70% of my family live within 50 miles of me! And that's a looootttt or relatives! My mom came from 9 sibs, and my dad from 11! I'm way to lazy to count the number of cousins that I have!

crittermom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NONE!!!! All of my family is in Michigan.
DHs family, we have 2 Brothers,1 Sister and his Mom.Plus,2 Uncles and 1 Aunt and too many cousins to count.LOL!!

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
50 miles? All I have is my sister and my brother. The rest of my family is about 3 hrs away.
I also have some in CO and Arizona.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
None - all of my family/relatives, except for some distant cousins in Northern Ireland, are on the other side of the Atlantic. My in-laws live two blocks away, though, and my b-i-l and his family about 22 km /13.7 miles from here.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My parents and my sister are about 10 miles from me. (The perfect distance...close enough to visit often, but not close enough to stop by without calling first.
) I have two brothers that are farther away...one in Milwaukee and one in St. Louis.

As far as in-laws, they're in southern Illinois, Texas, and Arizona.