How much do you have?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by fwan

0 my dads side of the family lives in sicily (italy) and my mums side of the family lives in scotland, and from thursday onwards my parents will be living in italy so i will be all alone in germany :p
Oy, that is just too far, Fwan!

I'm in Illinois, and my Dad and brother and his family are in Michigan, 6-7 hours away. The in-laws are in Indiana, 5-6 hours away. Sister and family in New York, other sister and family in Colorado, and other brother and family in Oklahoma.

I grew up in Michigan, and the economy tanked, and we scattered looking for jobs. I'm settled here now, with close friends, but my kids don't know all their cousins like I did growing up. I wish we were closer physically, so we could see each other more.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Let's see:

2 parents

2 kids

3 grandkids

3 brothers

7 nieces/nephews

2 great-nieces/nephews

19 total

animaloveriny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We don't have any family within 50 miles of us. The closest is one of my cousins who is about 60 or so miles away...and most of my hubby's family and some of my family lives about 70-90 miles away. My dad lives 6 hours away (not sure of mileage) and mom lives in Virginia.

Kitty Cuddles,
Joann

Moz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have too much family.. I don't even know where most of them live. Not including the people in my house, I have an aunt, uncle, and cousin here in town. My step-grandpa lives here too and I have an aunt that lives about 45 minutes away.

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
None. All my family lives in Utah which is about 2083.28 miles away from where I live in Maryland/work in DC!

My sister and her family lives 2 HOUSES AWAY from my parents home! My brother and his family lives about 10 min away from my parents' home. All my aunts/uncles/cousins are located in SLC, Utah approximately..

I guess I am the black sheep of the family since I'm the only one who lives OUT of the state!

I visit my immediate familiy 2 x a year (once at Christmas and once during the summer time).

It sucks being all alone here but at the same time, I LOVE where I live, my job, etc.. Guess we can't have everything we want huh?