How many minutes on your phone?

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After paying the cell bill at work today I was surprised to see that some people spend close to 3000 mins a month on the phone. He also spends a lot of time on landlines - so we worked out he spends 70 hours a month on the phone

My cell has 300 mins pooled with 500 on my BF's (so total of 800) (and free calls to each other) we use them for his business and always thought they were high usage - but this is for 1 person!

How many mins do you spend on the phone per month?

amitya

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I share a plan ya know the "family plans". We share 700 minutes per month. We actually use between the two of us 150 per month. We have over 10000 "rollover" minutes on our plan as well.

dragoriana

MajesticFloof
Top Cat
Purraise
i dont really call on my phone much, more for emergencies or interviews. but i'm addicted to text messaging, so much my thumb developed rsi a few months ago (when i was in a crisis with my other half and was smsing constantly) but i cant type with my other hand to let it rest....trying to be the opposite is weird!

i can afford to sms so much because i top up my pre-paid card with $49 and i get an extra $180 credit free! (only prob is i have to use it up in a month which isnt enough time and it doesnt rollover, but if i top up with $20 or $30 then i have 2 months which is too much time!!!)

CONFUFFLING!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our minutes don't roll over (but we do have minute pooling between the whole company) and I spent an hour changing all the plans today because we all needed more minutes

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
John & I share 1200 minutes- these are our only phones, we don't have a landline.

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cell phones... I share a family plan with my parent's on Verizon... I only talk to mom on it..I also have a Metro PCS. It's unlimited so I don't count the mins

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
300 anytime and 1000 night and weekend... I will be going to the 200 minutes since I dont talk much

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 600 minutes and unlimited nights and weekends.

I rarely use the phone anymore though...most of my friends have moved out of the state, so we just communicate by email.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I forget how many we ehave but its not enough between the 3 of us. I have gone over a lot in the last 2 months!

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I share a family plan with 1400 minutes on it, between the 4 of us. I spend most of the time on the phone, during the night or weekends anyway when it's free, so I save alot of minutes that way.

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To get voicemail includeed I had to take the plan with 600 minutes plus I'm sure there are unlimited minutes too. I don't use that much anyway. I'm hoping that my provider has another special for nationwide calling that I would like to switch too.

sibohan2005

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a real cell phone "in case of emergency" type person at the most I might rack up 100 minutes on it a month. People normallly just call my land line or work number.

gingersmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My plan is for 500 minutes per month, unlimited nights & weekends, plus all incoming calls are free to me. I also have Direct Connect, as I am a Nextel customer, and most of my biker friends use the walkie-talkie feature. THat's one of the reasons I went with Nextel.

Before I switched to the unlimited incoming, I did go slightly over once in a while, but since I switched, this plan has been perfect for me.

I pay about $60 a month.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have a family plan with my ex's cousin and we have 500 mins to share a month, with free weekends, weeknight and mobile to mobile.... I use about 100 peak mins a month, but i also have a house phone that i use the maority of the time, celly is mainly for emergencies and for peopel to get ahold of me when not at home (very rare) the cousin's plan expires in July and he is probably going to a different provider so I'll get the 300 minute/month plan, and probably won't use it all.... I'm actually thinking of going pre-paid since I use it so little

salemwitchchild

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use to have a 600 minute plan. But I cut it back to 300 because I only ever use around 250 a month. And we do not have a land line. So I save a lot of $ that way.

kittenkiya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My plan is for 200 minutes a month with unlimited nights starting at 9:00 and unlimited weekends.

I use at best 125.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I work for a cellphone provider and I am amazed at the amount of time, that some people spend on their cells. In a normal month, I use about an hour, which is why I have a pay-as-you-go phone - I only pay for what I actually USE and unused dollars roll over.

Recently, I had a customer with over 6000 minutes of usage, in only TWO WEEKS. That comes out to about 4 days spent on the phone. WHEN does this guy sleep?

Text messaging is also a biggie. I've seen bills with over 1000 text messages. At 15 cents each, that's $150. I don't NEED to communicate with ANYONE that badly.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have unlimited text and lets just say that if I did pay for unlimited text, my cell provider would make a fortune off me.

I can't tell for sure how much they use because they swap phones all the time (we have several phones with different area codes to help with the long distance charges)

and don't even get me started on the extra MB because they though the smaller email/web plans were enough for them!

littleraven7726

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my DH and i have a shared plan. 2 cells, with an 800 minute plan. we also have free sprint pcs-to-pcs calling on ours. that eliminates most of the minutes we pay for. most of our family has sprint. we don't have a land line either. we just aren't changing anything because our contract will be up this summer, and we don't know if we're sticking with sprint or changing.