How many minutes on your phone?

snuzy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

I work for a cellphone provider and I am amazed at the amount of time, that some people spend on their cells. In a normal month, I use about an hour, which is why I have a pay-as-you-go phone - I only pay for what I actually USE and unused dollars roll over.

Recently, I had a customer with over 6000 minutes of usage, in only TWO WEEKS. That comes out to about 4 days spent on the phone. WHEN does this guy sleep?

Text messaging is also a biggie. I've seen bills with over 1000 text messages. At 15 cents each, that's $150. I don't NEED to communicate with ANYONE that badly.
Mine is similar. I pay $20 and have to add another 20 dollars every 3 months, so I'm paying 7 dollars per month, and I have never had to add money sooner. Don't use the cell phone much at all. (don't use my other phone much either).
I've seen those people who use the 6000 minutes. The phone is glued to their ear--in the car, in stores, restaurants (I hate that) And I especially hate hearing both sides of other people's conversations with those walkie talkie phones.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by katl8e

In a normal month, I use about an hour, which is why I have a pay-as-you-go phone - I only pay for what I actually USE and unused dollars roll over.
Same here, but my average is about 10 minutes a month, and 4 or 5 text messages. Since I use the cell for long-distance calls when we're on vacation, my annual costs run to about €50 ($65). I know a lot of people whose monthly costs are more than twice that.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only make a few phone calls per month but I send a lot of text messages. I pay $30 for unlimited text messages, 50 daytime minutes and 1000 evening and weekend minutes. I probably don't even use up the 50 minutes.