How many men vs. women are there on the forum?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

I
Persi&Alley
Essayons89
theimp
Coolcat
coaster
Amberthebobcat
algebrapro
TigerontheProwl

I know there are a few I missed
There's a couple more guys who mostly post in IMO, and I think there's a few on here that the husbands/boyfriends have joined too, but don't post very often.

I would encourage my husband to join, but I'll spare everyone. He is a cat lover though, he's never had the choice.
I tend to show him interesting or funny posts.

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Essayons89

I'm a softie when it comes to the little fuzz balls.
yea, i like my cats , more then i do 99.95 of all people

most guys have more things to do then talk about cats i think. We tend to just read and move along. At least that is what i used to do until my job, blocked some of the other forums i used to read and mod.

let face it women do tend to be soical on whole then men i think.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I would take a guess at an overwhelming majority of women but I can think of a few men:

Persi&Alley
Essayons89
theimp
Coolcat
coaster
Amberthebobcat
algebrapro
TigerontheProwl

I know there are a few I missed
besides the ones who've posted [Mike, aka mrblanche] there's also Nial [KaiBengals]. Hydroaxe [Ryan] never shows his 'face' around here anymore

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

yea, i like my cats , more then i do 99.95 of all people
This reminded me of a card I seen a couple years ago. It had a picture of a tiger cat on the front and said "There are two types of people in the world. Cat people.... " inside said " and idiots".
I really wish I had bought it.

Originally Posted by theimp98

let face it women do tend to be soical on whole then men i think.
Funny thing is that most of my online friends that I've known for several years are all guys - they chat more than I do. Stranger yet, one has two cats, one would have cats but leaves the country too often, one has a cat and plans to get another, one recently lost a much beloved cat (grew up with it) to FIP - I believe, and that last one wants a cat because he's never had a pet before and thinks cats would be a nicer pet then a dog would be.

Of the two women I know, one lost her 17 year old cat recently to renal failure, and the other has two cats.

... Of everyone I know, all but one has had, has, or wants a cat. The one that doesn't is severely allergic.

Anyone who knows their way around the internet probably knows what Caturday is...
So I think it isn't so much that female to male ratio (here) is misrepresented, but maybe that all the cat people are online?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's also Keith P, StefanZ, and RobDog - but when they post, it's usually in the ferals forum.

My hubby joined six years ago (Shelly's Dad) - posted a couple of times and that was it. Got into a fight with most of the board about dealing with someone that "had to" euthanize her two kitties because she had to move and couldn't find a new place quick enough that would take cats - and they would never be happy unless they were with her. Everyone decided he wasn't nice enough to play at TCS.

Laurie

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

So I think it isn't so much that female to male ratio (here) is misrepresented, but maybe that all the cat people are online?
most of the guys i know have cats, or cats and dogs both.
As i have said many times, i would love a dog, if i was able to take care of one.

i asked around are IT deparment one day, and only 6 people here did not have cats. None said they hated cats.
One women loved cats but they made her break out.

i think most guys just are not going to post on a pet forum. i got bored into posting here

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

My user name is confusing to many who first see it. I am male, my name is John. I have had some call me Amber
I got this name after our first bobcat named Amber
Yes, it is confusing to some, I still picture you as an Amber

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think men are on sites devoted to sports, gaming, or gambling.

With a cat on their lap.

emy4cats

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Female here not like its hard to tell by my name
and as most of you know I am pregnant. Like to see a man pull that one off!

Most the the guys I know "hate" cats. Then they come over and spend most of there time playing with my cats. I think it is just a stereotype that men own dogs and women own cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

traveler5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Krazycatlover

can we ADD A poll on this?

Female by the way
That's not a bad idea but I'm not sure how to do it.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Traveler5

That's not a bad idea but I'm not sure how to do it.
Click on "Thread Tools" near the top of the page and you should be able to add a poll that way

whisky'sdad

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I sure as heck ain't "Whisky'sMom"

As I have been trying to leave the country for the last couple of months, I don't post much.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by AmberThe Bobcat

My user name is confusing to many who first see it. I am male, my name is John. I have had some call me Amber
I got this name after our first bobcat named Amber
Hi Amber nice to meet you!..

Just kidding John I couldn´t resist!...

Originally Posted by KittKatt

Now Rigel, you know you love it!
Oh my!...

But seriously, the John in your title helps a lot along with the picture of Amber