How many cats do you have and how many is your limit

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 and that's my limit at the moment due to limited space. If I move to a bigger house I'd like to get a 3rd and maybe a 4th if I had room. 4 would be my limit for financial reasons and I think I'd struggle to share out the cuddles among more than 4!

summerkid710

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I started with two (brothers) and added a third a few years later. I've got a smallish two bedroom condo so three is my limit. Plus, I really don't want any more poop scooping than I already have.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have two indoor girls and likely 6 inside would be my max ... outside I just would like to know how many

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 1 now, and trying to persuade hubby to let me take in one of the feral kittens in our neighborhood. 2 would have to be my limit cause of space... now I come home to a house with cat toys spread all over...every morning I put them all back in her basket...

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by menagerie mama

I have 7 and my limit was probably 4....
But I love them all!
I totally understand!!!

I currently have 12 cats in my house. I planned to have 1...then kept 2 foster kittens when the kitten we had chosed died of FIP. Then I decided I wanted 3, because my 1 kitty was too rambunctious with the other, and I thought 1 more kitty for Garfield to wrestle with would free up Festie some. So we added Jasmine.

Then my outside boy Will was transitioned to and in and out cat, so that makes 4. Plus one left over Momma foster kitty (Sarabi), and a new foster Mom (Natalie), and her 6 kittens.

Too many cats. Friday Sarabi gets spayed, then she can join my housecats to tame. (She is a street cat, very loving but very uncomfortable in the house, so unadoptable at this point.)

And Sunday Natalie and her babies are leaving...she didn't adjust to my house
. So I will be down to 5, and that will be ok until Sarabi tames up. But I think if I had any common sense, 3 would be my limit. If only more people would foster kittens...even just one litter a year would help so much!!!

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With my budget, because i dont work i can only afford 1. But with the help of my parents im managing very well with two

When i lived in Australia i had 21 cats, that was way too much because my parents didnt want to spay and neuter. And although we always advertised our cats nobody wanted them.

But in the future, if money allowed it i would get more kitties

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 3, which is my limit. I'd love to have a dozen or so more, but I realistically know that I wouldn't have the time to commit to taking care of them the way they deserve. (Besides...2 is DH's limit.)

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have four, and three was my limit. Four apparently is boyfriends limit.

I actually turned down a free black and white longhaired kitten today (so cute !!), so I'm kinda proud of myself right now.

houseofcats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 25.
The majority are feral rescues, all fixed, up-to-date on vaccines, and live basically indoors. I say basically since we have a huge cat run that is the length of our house on the side. They have access through doggy doors between the house/garage/cat-run (if we choose them to). Our set-up is wonderful but we are at our limit.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have 13. 2 are outdoor ferals but 1 of those is starting to come in and out of the house. 1 more goes in and out and the rest live in the house permanently. My maximum for indoors is 11, but I'm going to try my hardest not to adopt anymore and get myself down over time to 7. My house is very large and I would be in big trouble if it were any smaller.

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HouseofCats & Amy ...
I admire both of you for the unselfish work that you do for cats.
Thank you both.

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 of my own, one foster who is living her life out with me, and one foster who has been here nearly 10 months and no sign of a new home, which has restricted fostering, as 5 is my ideal limit, but I was up to 6 for the majority of last year, as I am too soft, and we have a similar problem to Becki in that there is a lack of fosterers so if I say no, they stay on the streets.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I had three until last summer. The two I have are high maintenance as they have both had urinary problems. I have to feed them special food from the vet's office. I would love to have a yard full since I have an outside enclosure due to hubby's allergies. But I think two is all I can afford the bills for. I believe having a cat is a serious commitment and I want to be able to pay for what they need. So I decided not to add another cat when Max died last summer.

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have three furbabies, and I can only have three per the rental agreement..... I'd love more, but I worry about the pecking order issues and being able to give them all enough love and attention.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by HouseofCats

We have 25.
The majority are feral rescues, all fixed, up-to-date on vaccines, and live basically indoors. I say basically since we have a huge cat run that is the length of our house on the side. They have access through doggy doors between the house/garage/cat-run (if we choose them to). Our set-up is wonderful but we are at our limit.
Can we all come play at your house
Bring our furbabies too