How long were you together before you got married?

mom_2_3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
CrouchingCheese
vbmenu_register("postmenu_1727027", true);
Kitten
Bank: 21
Total Points: 81
Donate

Wow, some of ya'll's stories make me feel better, lol.

My parents swore to disown me when Dave moved in, about three months after we started dating/met eachother (first date was when we first met).

We're not married yet, but are getting married next June. April 29 (of this year) will be our one year anniversary, I'm so excited!

~Dont worry I had a rough time too. Lose everyone in my family except for a a couple all because I married somebody outside my race. My son didnt meet his grandparents until he was 2 years old. The things life throws us can make or break us. Thank God it made me the strong woman I am today. Its hard to get married and raise a family with so many people who dont support your decision. All in all is it YOUR decision so I suggest doing what you feel is right because nobody but you has to live your life~

crazyforinfo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We have known each other since 1994. We dated for 5, broke up for 3, & got back together again. We have been married for a year now

koukou

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We met online and talked for approx a year before we met in RL. Then we met in May 2000 and married in August 2002.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ah i would so love to meet the right man and marry him right away and for it to last ever after!

who knows might come true!

sofiecusion

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those of you still waiting, it will come. Scott proposed to me on our 5th anniversary, and we'll get married on our 6th anniversary next year!!! It was well worth the wait. I honestly didn't think it would ever happen though, and was about to give up!!!!

Everyone was happy when it finalyy happened. EVERYONE'S reaction was "Well, it's about time!!!"

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

Those of you still waiting, it will come. Scott proposed to me on our 5th anniversary, and we'll get married on our 6th anniversary next year!!! It was well worth the wait. I honestly didn't think it would ever happen though, and was about to give up!!!!

Everyone was happy when it finalyy happened. EVERYONE'S reaction was "Well, it's about time!!!"
We got the same reaction! LOL We'd been dating not quite 5 years when he proposed (back in Oct.) and we're getting married in June.

jillian

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Josh and I started dating in April 2002, got engaged at the end of August 2003, and were married on 17 July 2004. (=

luvs2be

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dated for 3 1/2 years, got married at 21, Bill is 4 years older than me.

I caught some grief from my family when I was getting married......... they learned to get over it

August 7th will be our 20th yr. anniversary, and we have 2 children...14 and 16.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sofiecusion

People are asking me when we're going to do it! I get the rolley eyes and the "he STILL hasn't asked?"

I'm finding it a little tough to deal with at the moment seeing as we're going to three weddings this year (My LITTLE brother, one of DH's friends, and my father) and next year my mum is getting hitched again. They've all been together a total of about 2-3 years per couple.... and I'm still waiting. But I've told him that I don't want to still be waiting next year - I don't mind a long engagement and waiting another year and a half after the engagement, but I need this to go somewhere now.

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I didn't date my dh. In fact, within 1 week of meeting we were married. 16 years later and still going strong -- there is indeed such thing as love at first sight.

karmasmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We met at a stop light May 30th 1996, Move in together in April of 97, Married November 3 2002. Total of 11 years.

I asked him to marry me. I got sick of waiting for him to ask so I just looked at him one day and said literally "Hey, I love you , you love me, lets just get married" He laughed at first I said no I am serious he said okay. The next day we went and picked out my ring. I know its not all romantic ,it was anouther 3 years before we got married and then we just eloped, no family or friends with us. This whole thing has always been about us. Which in the end is all that matters.

xxtashaxx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
me and my SO have been together 10 years in july , weve always wanted to get married , but finally doing it this year in july. we done everything backwards. i fell pregnant after a month of getting together , then another at 17 then we moved in together (when we finally got a place) when i was 19 , then another child at 21 , now i will be 25 when we get married lol.

clairebear

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've been with my boyfriend for 2 1/2 years now. We both know that we'll get married someday. But I'm only 21, I don't want to get married yet. I think marriage is something that should never be rushed, and you should be absolutely sure that thier the right person before you tie the knot.

lokismum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmmmm............how can I put this delicately? DH and I dated for over 5years (about 5 1/2) before we moved in together, and have been living here for 16 1/2 years..........and we're not married! Nor do we have plans to do so! Been there, done that, not willing to try again!

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We got married on the 12th anniversary of our first date (after living together for 11 of those years). We just didn't want to rush into anything.

minerva

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I met my honey online in September 04, just a week before I was due to move out of dorm and change uni...when he met my parents the day of the move, they loved him right away (my dad had been fearing forever to lose his little girl, but he wanted to be on first name terms with him straight away!
). In May 05 I moved in with him - his mum was quite sceptical, too, but we've grown to accept each other over time
. Last year in September (after our first holidays together) we decided to tie the knot. At first we wanted to do so in December, then he thought it was a bit too fast and we went for August 07...until his mum had a stroke, that is. When she had to spend a whopping 3 weeks in hospital cause she also came down with senile demntia, schizophrenia etc., we decided to get married faster so she should be able to be there as well and exactly one week from now
, strike 12, we'll become husband and wife. I'm sooo excited!

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dh and I were dating for a month when we got engaged, 2 months when we moved in together and 6 months when we got married.
We've been married 3 ½yrs