How long were you together before you got married?

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, we met when I was on vacation in Canada October 2001. Stayed in touch after I went home, then I went back to Canada in May 2002 and we married October 2002.

bella713

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I was talking to my DH for online and on the phone for @ 6 months, then met in person in August of 97 and then got married February of 98, we have been married 9 years

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today's our anniversary, so good thread!

We knew each other 5 weeks and 3 days before we got married!
Happy Anniversary to Neet & Dave!

My Dave and I met July 26, had our first date Aug. 6, got married on Dec. 6. (all in the same year). So, we were only together for 4 months. We've been married 32 years.

ping

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lets see we meet 4/4/99 and moved in 4/4/99 and got married 12/16/01. Our middle son was just over a month old when we got married. So we were together about 2 1/2 yrs before we married.

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Newlywed here... 2.10.07!

I met my hubs at my daughter's school, when I switched to Flex Time (part time in the office, part time at home) to be able to pick up DD at school every day.

Turns out hubs also picked up his son a few days a week, and we also saw each other at the local rollerrink (yes, rollerskating still exists) during our kids' "school night".

We first saw each other in August 05; first date was February 06; engaged on St. Patrick's Day 06. Hubs moved in with me about 1 month post-engagement, because I own a big house with lots of room in Suburia, close to the kids' school. He had a townhouse he was renting and it made more sense to keep the big ol house. Eleven months later, we had a huge church wedding with a unique & fun reception! Honeymooned in Cancun, Mexico.

Our kids were in the wedding, lighting the candles with us and standing near us (Maid of Honor & Best Man stood behind THEM). Made for some lovely wedding photos, I tell ya.

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mom_2_3

Yikes! lol This is normally a very touchy subject for me as I got married VERY young (15) and had only been dating my boyfriend for about 9 months before we tied the knot. I got alot of heat from my family and his on our decision and everyone said it wouldnt last 6 months....we will be married 12 years come Sept 2nd. He was my first boyfriend and we have 3 beautiful children and I truly believe when I met him that I KNEW deep down that he was my soulmate.
Glad to hear! I married at 18 yrs old and we were together for 1 year but were engaged only after 4 months of being together. We have been married for 11 years. I also knew deep down he was the one.

tiffanyl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We had our first and only date on a Friday and eloped the next night (this was in '98). We knew each other for about 2 months before this date. We had our daughter in December '00 and separated in Feb. '03. We are still happily separated. I'm in South Carolina and he is in England. Divorce is in the works. Unbelievable but true.

crouchingcheese

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, some of ya'll's stories make me feel better, lol.

My parents swore to disown me when Dave moved in, about three months after we started dating/met eachother (first date was when we first met).

We're not married yet, but are getting married next June. April 29 (of this year) will be our one year anniversary, I'm so excited!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still waiting for Colin to pop the question. We've been together well over 2.5 years. I'm ready to get married and start a family.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I'm still waiting for Colin to pop the question. We've been together well over 2.5 years. I'm ready to get married and start a family.
We've been together for just about 2 years (May 4th) and I'm sooo ready!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

me too..
he really needs to get on it
in all seriousness though- my doctors told me that with my pcos (#1 cause of infertility in women) that i do not have many years left to start a family even though i'm still young,21. She said that the rate mine is progressing i might be looking at a hysterectomy by the time i'm 30+ so that if i want a family i need to start now- so that's part of the reason i'm in such a hurry to settle down and start a family because i don't know that i have a ton of time to.) we talked about it and he agreed that we should try for children immedately after we're married....so i hope he hurries up already
Well that and we already live together pretty much, so we might as well ya know

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Originally Posted by babyharley

Not to go off topic but have you ladies told your men that your ready? I waited for over 4 years... and it was worth every second!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Not to go off topic but have you ladies told your men that your ready? I waited for over 4 years... and it was worth every second!
yeah, we sat down not too long ago and had a talk about it...so he's on the same page and knows i'm ready.

calico76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hubby and I were together for 6 years before he popped the question. Talk about being ready!! Scary thing is, after 8 months of dating we both knew we would marry.

We met on the internet in 1999, engaged in 2005, married May 2006. I can't believe my 1 year anniversary is coming up but we have been together 8 years!!
I do love him and wouldn't have it any other way!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ian and I have been together for 3.5 years...we dated for 2.5 and have been engaged for a year and will be engaged for another 9 months before our wedding in january.