How Long Until My Kitty Will Give Birth?

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Den moves are common so it's nothing to be overly concerned about- just give her a few spots to pick from. 

As for her lack of attention- this is something you need to watch. Remember healthy kittens are quiet ones so if they are making a ton of noise then something isn't right. The best way to monitor them is through the daily weight. Some fluctuation is okay but if they are losing weight you need to get them to a vet and may need to supplement their feeding. The concern when you bring in stray kittens is  cross contamination of illnesses, so weight loss could either be an indication that they picked up a bug or that they aren't getting enough to eat- hence the need for veterinary advice. 

For now, I would just try to give her some privacy and let her adjust to the changes. Cats in general are wonderful mothers and even though she is confused it shouldn't stop her from caring for her other babies. Check on them every few hours, but keep it short and allow Nova her space. I would make sure you have some KMR and bottles on hand but don't jump into supplementing their feeding without doing some serious research. In doing so you risk her abandoning them altogether. Also, bottle feeding is a science and if not done properly can be deadly. Check out some of these links for more information on it and be sure to watch some videos online: http://www.thecatsite.com/t/249018/...regnant-cats-kitten-care-articles-and-threads

Sorry I know this post is kind of all over the place. To sum up if I were you I would prepare yourself to intervene if necessary but hold off and see if she doesn't come around in the next 24-48 hours. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is doing better now.. she found her little spot under the sink and is content there. I have been weighing them and they are gaining between 15 to 20g a day. the smallest is now a 83g and the other 2 are between 97 and 104.5g.. They are quiet unless you pick them up and she seems to be caring for them properly.. also, i noticed yesterday she has started to bleed.. which has not been doing.. so what could this mean?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nova is doing good. She got 2 foster babies yesterday, but one died last night.. But the other one is doing fantastic. She tried to move babies again, behind the couch, but i caught her and moved the one she moved back and locked her in the closet.. The babies will be 2 weeks on Sunday and all but the gray one "zoro" eyes are starting to open. Houdini (the girl/white and gray) she has one completely open but the other isnt. They are moving around a bunch and a pretty quiet. Other than that, everyone is well.