How Long Until My Kitty Will Give Birth?

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Can you move her birthing box so it's up on the bed next to you? I've done that before for the panicked Queen who didn't want to be left alone. It was a nice compromise as I got some sleep and she got to be next to me. 

It does sound like she has lost her plug so it could be anytime between now and the next two days or so. So long as she seems comfortable she is okay, but if she starts having contractions and actually pushing and no kittens come within 45 minutes that is a sign that there is a major problem. The same goes in-between kittens. Usually they come in pretty quick succession but longer breaks are okay so long as she isn't in active labor. 

All you can do from here is wait and hope they come soon. If you feel like something isn't right listen to your gut and call the vet. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i cannot bring her on the bed like i would like, because my hubby insist that she not be up there. so i am laying down on the floor next to the closet door with her :) I am sure to fall asleep soon, but i will hear her if she calls for me. Hopefully we will have kittens soon. I am tired of waiting on her to have them.

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Here is the link again to watch baby kicks. I have changed the setting on the other videos that might have foul language, but there are other videos of my dogs playing if that interest you 

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still NO babies. She is very calm today, not very active. I need to go get her some more kitty food here shortly since she has gone through a whole box of Kitten Chow. I have gotten the plain yogurt the vet recommended so mix with it. But, other than that, she seems okay.

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her stool is still soft with some blood in it today. Called the vet and he said it could just be everything still trying to get into her system. But if nothing changes by Friday to bring her back in. She is still very calm. Made another Cone of Shame for her. Her hiney is a lot better. No longer all red and festered. Triple Antibiotic has worked wonders. But other than that, she doesnt seem to be in any pain or labor. Going to keep a good eye on her though.

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I just took her temp under her back leg. it reads 99.9.. So if i add a degree it is 100.9? is this correct?

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Should Nova be having constant discharge from her privates? when it dries it looks like dried blood but its not. i don't want to keep cleaning her because Im afraid ill stress her out and she will push back labor. and she has a cone on so she can't clean herself. what should i do?

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Should Nova be having constant discharge from her privates? when it dries it looks like dried blood but its not. i don't want to keep cleaning her because Im afraid ill stress her out and she will push back labor. and she has a cone on so she can't clean herself. what should i do?
I'm actually not sure how much discharge is normal because most cats lick it before we humans ever even see it (which Nova would likely be doing now if not for the cone of shame). I would assume some discharge would be okay but I don't know that it should be constant. Slightly off color is also okay but it shouldn't have any sort of smell. 

If she is going into labor you are going to have to take the cone off her- otherwise she can't stimulate her kittens. She may be getting close to that point but is squeezing her legs closed because of the cone. Can you take it off of her and just watch her for awhile (i.e make sure she's not licking at her sore booty)? It's such a fine line because you want to give her butt time to heal but you don't want the cone to delay her labor as that can cause problems of it's own. Your just gonna have to make a judgement call on this one. If it were me I would probably take it off. 

As for the temperature- don't get hung up on this. I don't know why it's been a new thing going around the boards lately but there is no reason to take her temp and all it's going to do is stress her out. Under the leg is not the most reliable anyway so it's not worth the questions that it puts in your head and the stress it puts on Nova. In the end they will come when they come, and knowing her temp doesn't change the unknowing piece. 

I hope the kittens come soon to put your mind at ease. Until they do you just need to watch her super closely. Given everything that has been happening with her lately she for sure needs you there! 

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well i have taken the cone off. when i cleaned her earlier she was not as red and swollen.. so i am just going to keep applying butt paste so it is harder to get off than TA OINTMENT. she is seeming a little more irritated tonight than usual. she keeps making these little sounds. i don't k.ow if its pain or just discomfort from the babies moving so much.. thanks for the advise. hope the babies come soon too.

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's probably both. I've never been pregnant but I hear it's pretty miserable toward the end! 

Just keep doing what your doing. 

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no babies 
.. But she is doing much much much better. She is super happy kitty now. Her hiney is all better, no more redness or blood in her stool. Still applying the TA ointment just in case. Her belly has really dropped and the babies have moved down. She is super content. She keeps trying to get under my bed and just chill. Her Hooha keeps twitching... I don't know what that means, but I hope it means its almost baby time. Her appetite is still really good. She is loving all the extras she is getting. Like the can meat, and the yogurt and probiotics.. One happy kitty. 

But I will let you all know when she is going into labor and post pictures when the babies get here 

eb24

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so glad to hear this! And, I'm actually really glad the babies haven't come yet (more stress for you I know) but it has given her body the time that it needed to heal. I can't imagine having that sore of a booty and THEN pushing out babies. OUCH! Just one of those things sounds painful enough to make me want to bite someone- I wouldn't want to find out how ticked off she would have been! Hopefully now she will have a problem free labor and delivery!

Good job on following through on all the vet's advice for getting her back to such a healthy place. Keep spoiling her as soon she's going to have to share the limelight! 

Keep us posted. 

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. She is getting super spoiled and prissy. She spends most of her day all sprawled out on the bed and getting belly rubs from me. She is a happy camper right now. And i have calmed down a lot.. I actually spent the night off at a friends house the other night. I was nervous the whole time she was going to have those babies, but she didn't. But i am getting better at just letting her be comfortable and have the babies when she is ready.. Although i am constantly feeling on her belly and telling her to have babies, but she doesn't seem to mind me doing it :)

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nova Update:

Still no babies 
 , but she is still in very good spirits. Her hiney is all better and no longer need to put anything on it. She is constantly wanting belly rubs and brushing. Her bowels are back to normal, but are kinda white tented from all the yogurt I suppose. But no blood. She is eating normal and seems to like to play more. She more less just rolls from side to side 
. Just one happy kitty. I don't think it is time yet. She doesn't seem to be trying to nest or anything. The only time she is vocal anymore is when she sees or smells food. So just going to wait patiently and enjoy pampering the queen 

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Still no babies. She has been super lazy and sleeping non-stop today. Her belly is really rounding out.. But patiently waiting.. Today makes one week since she has seen the vet.. so from what he said, she has up to another week. So I might be worried if she doesnt have these babies by next monday.

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Nova is in the process of having her babies.. I am worried because she has only had 2. The second one was stuck to her and i had to cut the cord and pull the big placenta out.. now she is just laying there.. does this mean she is done? I didnt know each afterbirth was that big.. The babies are not latching even though i have tried to help.. but one is super active and trying, the other is just laying there sleeping.. help what should i do!

kcmama

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some only have one or two...just keep an eye on her....keep tryin to put tha kittens on her nipples theyll learn soon sometimes they need a lil help;-)....congrats!!

skye brown

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
she was way too big for just 2 and her belly seems still a little hard, do you think she got pregnant by 2 cats and she will have more, i am just worried.. that was a large afterbirth, but i was not awake for the first one so i didnt get to see the placenta of that one..