How long should I wait before I change my phone number?

muttigreemom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If all else fails, do you have a really big friend that can scare this guy?

I once had a problem with an annoying neighbor in my apartment complex. One time the neighbor came knocking on my door when my big (read: 6'7"... a total teddy bear, but doesn't look like one
) friend was visiting. He heard the neighbor talking and just came and stood behind me.... didn't even say a word. I never heard from that neighbor again.

pombina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats house, we just pay the mortgage..
Oh my word that is insane. Some people just don't get it do they?
I had an ex boyfriend do this to me, I would put my phone on silent at night or I never got to sleep. I used to wake up to 50 or 60 missed calls because he would just let it ring once and then hang up and do it again. I never understood what he gained from it...I had to change numbers twice.
I hope this freak stops phoning you. I would try telling him you are not interested, even though it's really hard. But that will be easier than losing touch with people because they forget to save your new number.

emma79

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You poor thing, its the worst when people do something like this. I had a similar experience a while ago, went to the police and they called him and told him to back off or things would be taken further. Luckily he got the hint and left me alone. Good luck!

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgive me if I am wrong, but it does sound like you are giving him mixed signals and he is just being a bit insensitive on not picking up what are your real feelings. If you said you would talk to him later, then in a way you can't blame him for calling you 'later', even if that is not what you really meant. In my opinion you can't take further action unless you have actually told him not to call, that you are not interested, and then he continues to call. SO pluck up your courage and tell him.

lunasmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Forgive me if I am wrong, but it does sound like you are giving him mixed signals and he is just being a bit insensitive on not picking up what are your real feelings. If you said you would talk to him later, then in a way you can't blame him for calling you 'later', even if that is not what you really meant. In my opinion you can't take further action unless you have actually told him not to call, that you are not interested, and then he continues to call. SO pluck up your courage and tell him.
Yea, but 23 times in less then 24 hours?

Eupnea, do like in the movie Swingers: Just pick up the phone when he calls again, and say "Don't ever ****ing call here again". Add Psycho to the end of it or something.

I had a girl do that to me once. She called 15 times in one 8 hour day PLUS 2 more times after looking up my works phone number (which she knew were I worked, but I never gave her the number). All because she thought I was mad at her. I told her to never call again because she made me mad for calling me so many times. Hello, can we say lack of self control?!

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

I agree with you. Sure the guy is excessive, but some people just have to be told.

Eupnea, On a lighter note, you could tell him your number was changed and give him one of the "rejection hotline" numbers. http://:lol3: - just kidding http://....com/index.php

ugaimes

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This guy is exhibiting very scary stalker behavior. Acting this way after meeting you just once? Doesn't surprise me that he was nice and "normal" as can be when you met him...stalkers often are.
If this continues and you have basic info on him (name, address, etc.) contact your local domestic violence shelter about taking out a stalking protective order. And BE CAREFUL!
Feel free to PM me if you want to address any specific safety issues- it's what I do for a living

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Holy moley! I agree that changing you're number is not going to do anything, I would answer the phone next time he calls, or even call him back and tell him out right, that this is not going to work because you don't need a leech in your life! I was seeing a guy that was similar (OK maybe not to this extreme
) but I get off work at 5 and with out fail, even though I told him I would call him when I got home, my phone would ring at 5:05. I was like "did I say I would call you when I got home? Well I'm not home yet!" I would ge home about 6 and I have stuff to do, feed the kitties, throw a load of laundry in, go thru the mail, ya know, stuff! My phone would ring again about 6:10- and he would say "are you home yet??" aaaaaarrgh!! Then I would be going over to his place and he would call when I was about halfway there and say "how far away are you?" yes this did not last very long at all. I don't like to be smothered- I finally just told him that I was not looking for anything serious. We were only seeing each 2 weeks and he already considered me his girlfriend! Uh, thanks for telling me! But I would just come right out and be honest with the dude- and keep your door locked and not walk anywhere in the dark by yourself! Good luck and be safe!