How long is left till my cat gives birth

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 10 or 11 month old small tabby cat. She is pregnant amd this day and last night her belly has grown significantly its been around a month and a half and she is definentally pregnant the question is how many kittens does it look like and how long till she delivers 16510096824355106492281561009409.jpg 16510096090481980075503514127032.jpg

Attachments

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A cats pregnancy lasts between 63-65 days. It's impossible to tell really how many kittens she will have without an xray. You could take her to the vet to get one done and to ensure she's ok. She is an older kitten so be sure to get KMR and supplies just in case she decides not to care for the kittens. Some older kittens dont know what to do, unfortunately.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok we have already booked a vet appointment also is kmr just a kittem care package or something?

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 10 month old cat and she im quite sure mated with 1 of 3 cats 1 white male with a couple if patches a ginger cat and a tuxeto male what would the kittens look like for every one that mated with her i will attatch pictures of our cat. Snapchat-87019583.jpg

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, momma is brown tabby, probably classic. So she carries both tabby and black color. She carries red, so she is a torbie, and she has white paws, so she carries white spot.

White male with patches isnt no true white, he carries double white spots. Kittens will tend to be high white with spots, including tabby spots. Girls will tend to be calico.

Red. He may be solid, he may be red tabby. Kittens will either be all tabby / torbies, some with white feet "mittens". Or some tabby some non tabby, boys will tend to be red, girls torties with white.

Tuxedo: Its essentielly the same colors as momma has. All kittens will have more or less of white spots. Some may be tuxedo, someone will be tabby / torbie..

Also, IF they both are carriers of the recessive genes; point, longhair, diluted, someone kitten may be pointed "siamese mix", longhair, or grey / blue (tabby tuxedo diluted tortie)

Something such.

We will see.

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thankyou so much thay was very infotmative.

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my cat has been pregnant for around 2 months now however just today while she was grooming herself I noticed dried milk on her nipples is that normal and how long does that suggests is left until her pregnancy is over?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would say you have a couple of weeks left, you don't want her delivering prematurely, premature kittens do very poorly. So wait is good. KMR is kitten replacement milk and is very good for pregnant females too. They need the calcium for all the muscle work they are going to do for the delivery. Never give grown cats cow's milk, goats milk is OK, cow's milk gives most cats diarrhea as they get lactose intolerant as they mature. Just keep feeding her as much as she wants to eat, and keep her inside, away from dangers.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That usually indicates about a week before birth. But it can be as much as two. Waiting for kittens seems WAY long, but as long as she is acting normal, eating/drinking, she will be fine.

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks my cat is a tabby 11 to 10 months old however she is incredible small only weighing around 3.7 kg this is her first time giving birth do you think she will be fine

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also if she where to give birth do you think she would neglect her kittens

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She loves the outside so much much more than any other cat I have seen in my whole life she goes out for hours and comes back to eat and leaves again would spaying her reduce her urges to go outside

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, spaying would reduce that. Cats have a strong maternal instinct. She won't neglect her kittens. Sometimes first time mothers get so exhausted they need help with removing membranes from the kittens face and stimulating them to breathe. Use a warm wet washcloth to stroke them and get them breathing. Clean off any membranes and make sure mouth is clear.

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cats belly looks as though it is lower today is that normal and also she is now sleeping in different positions could someone help me and tell me what is going on?

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks

Rizwaan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How long does that show is left