How Long Does My Cat Have To Go ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's not really very big, about three kittens I would think. If she is producing milk, it has to be close, within a week. Make sure your partner knows to watch for distress between kittens and how and who to call. As long as she is calm and taking care of kittens between birthing she should be all right. Don't let small children around the kittens when they are tiny, my neighbor did, telling telling them the kittens were off limits, but letting them hold, etc. with supervision and lost two of them due to the children's squeezing them. So I hope she is in a place they do not have access to. Small children also stress the mom, and she may scratch. As long as you are there to supervise, everything should be fine, it sounds like you have your hands full! All the luck and keep us posted!

tink89

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
How is she doing?? My lady had her babies this morning

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She's still pregnant grrrr lol her belly is dragging along the ground its dropped so much lol .....I only have one child at home so when she has the kittens she will be placed in the spare room by herself and he is 6 he knows not to squeeze etc plus I'd only let him touch them when they are bigger. I heard she had her kittens congrats how's she going
any new pics ?

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Maggie ended up having three beautiful....very large lol kittens a grey and white (dont know how I got that coloured one is it rare for a grey and white I've never seen one before ) a tabby coloured one and a black one all doing well and suckling on mum I'm so proud of her she did an awesome job considering the first got a bit stuck as it came out tail first with one leg out and I had to intervene a bit :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Absolutely precious, that grey and white looks just like my Burt did! I never saw many grey and whites, you are very lucky to have three beautiful, big kittens for Christmas!

laurenfosters

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh my gosh, they're so beautiful, big and healthy looking! Precious! Enjoy them!!

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I know she did well to birth them considering how big they are I'm off to get some scales today ....mum doesn't seem to be producing much milk from what I can see ...although kittens seem content enough but this morning she took the grey and white one and put it under the bed then went back to the other two and started feeding so I'm not sure if she was in the process of moving them or she's rejecting that kitten ?

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Watch her, they do move kittens out that they sense won't make it. But she may have been moving them too. I would bet once the grey and white started crying she would go to it, but watch her.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good you are getting scales. Write down the weights every 24 hours. If you have concerns, weigh every 12 hours.

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks will do do and Bob you were right with your guess of three kittens lol :)

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The grey and white kitten is the best feeder of the lot so I'm not sure why it out if all of them wouldn't make it but I'm keeping an eye on her anyway

Maggiesmum1986

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All three nice healthy kittens not weighing them as you can see they are gaining weight....Maggie is alwaysssss feeding them hardly see her now I miss her cuddles lol but she had a little play with me tonight then raced back to the kittens lol

Attachments