How HOT Is it where YOU live?

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Another warm front is on the way for southeast MN!!!! At 10 a.m. today the temp was already 80 degrees, and the expected high is 92 and of course, that's with high humidity. The expected high for tomorrow (Sunday) is 94... and 91 is the expected high for Monday. After that, the temps should be in the 80's...hopefully for a few days at least.

BTW, in spite of all the high temps and humidity, Snowball is STILL seeking out warm places to sleep. I often find him sleeping in a nice warm sunny spot right in front of the window. Is anyone else's cat seeking warmth this summer or is Snowball just plain NUTS?????????????

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Today is the first time in a long time that it is quite nice out! The humidity has left us for the weekend and it is in the 80's. Of course next week is supposed to be back to high 90's and humid!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Today is the first time in a long time that it is quite nice out! The humidity has left us for the weekend and it is in the 80's. Of course next week is supposed to be back to high 90's and humid!
MOOOAN, its supposed to get back up to 107 today
, I am tired of summer

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yesterday tied our record, for consecutive 100+ days - 39. Today is only supposed to hit 98 but, the humidity is up. Our summer rainy season officially started Monday.

ollyextra05

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's in the 80's and overcast here today in Chicago...supposed to get some rainshowers tonight, but then tomorrow it'll be in the 100's!

Last time it hit the 100's in the city, people died...not good.

I plan on staying INSIDE in the central AC!

boys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
dull n overcast here in london,been trying to rain on and off all day,bit chilly as well. got rain forcast for the weekend and next week

meiam

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
dry as hell, and 107 for the past three or four days...we had thunderstorms last night but only thunder no rain!...thank god for air conditioning!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Lorie D.

BTW, in spite of all the high temps and humidity, Snowball is STILL seeking out warm places to sleep. I often find him sleeping in a nice warm sunny spot right in front of the window. Is anyone else's cat seeking warmth this summer or is Snowball just plain NUTS?????????????
If Snowball is nuts, then Ophelia is right there with him!
We broke the overall hottest day in the HISTORY of Denver (since they've been keeping record) this week at 105, and were over 100 almost every day. And yet, instead of finding a nice cool spot to nap in, like Trent did, Ophelia finds the sunny window to bake herself in.

katl8e

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Opie likes to nap in a sunny window, too. If he's not there, he's in Pearl's crate. Rowdy and Buddy both lay where a fan is blowing on them.

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm in Los Angeles. It's been in the upper 90's around here. It feels a little bit more compfy today. I think it's in the upper 80's today. I don't have AC, so I've been miserable in the heat all week.

maratwc

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MyBabies

At 4:20 Pacific Standard Time Modesto is 105.3!!!!!! Some parts are not quite as hot but I happened to pick a part that was hottest!

So how hot is it where you live - today and how hot the rest of the week?
Austin, TX is 94 right now, heat index of 101. Highs for the next ten days are all between 95-100, and humid. I'm glad I don't have a dog to walk in this.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Currently it is about 8 degrees here in NZ. It's quite nice, I can actually have the doors open without shivering! We're expected to reach a high of 14.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
At 3:15 it is 104 here OUTSIDE (it was only supposed to get 103!) and INSIDE it is 89.2! THAT is where I sit without the AC on! TIME to turn it ON!

KittenKrazy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by valanhb

If Snowball is nuts, then Ophelia is right there with him!
We broke the overall hottest day in the HISTORY of Denver (since they've been keeping record) this week at 105, and were over 100 almost every day. And yet, instead of finding a nice cool spot to nap in, like Trent did, Ophelia finds the sunny window to bake herself in.
I've got a nutsy one too.....97 degrees out today, and I'd guarantee that if my dehumidifier was running, Tigs would be sitting right in front of it!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's been in the 90's and extreemly humid here lately. Today was a tad bit cooler but still humid enough. I've always called it like 'walkin in pee water.'

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mybabies

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by noni

106. And I don't have any air conditioning. LOL!!! It's brutal right now.

Is summer done yet???

Best-
Michele
HOW do you mange? What is the temp INSIDE? I have vaulted ceilings and a bare back yard and the heat just comes right in though the ceiling! I have blankets up on doors and windows but right now at just b efore 9:30 it is 84 outside and 82 INSIDE with FOUR Fans and the AC on!

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been hot here in the 100's the last couple weeks. We've had a couple of "cooler days" around 98. It's almost 1:00 A.M. here now and still in the 90's!