How heavy are your little ones?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Food for thought" for anyone reading this thread.
Our vet recommended we not feed our boys that have had problems with calcium oxalate crystals any fish-based food or treats as apparently fish-based proteins tend to be high in magnesium.

And I posted a thread with charts in them if you want to look at the chart to see where your kitty is on the weight scale vs. where he/she should be: Ideal weight for cat

lovemykitty3

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Zeke is 13.6, Toby is probably about 16. They're very active, but according the vet, they're both too fat.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
a range... Chip weighs 18+ pounds [he's the largest] & Firefox is the smallest @ about 8 pounds. Cable's about 10.5, Java about 10, & Pixel's around 12.

catnurse22

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Danny: 11.9lbs, most of which is muscle. He's a short and stocky guy with very little fat on his body. That's pretty much his ideal weight.

Harvey: 11.4lbs, most of which is just lankiness,
. He's much longer and taller than Danny, but 1/2lb less. He does however have a bit too much around his midsection. He's ideal weight is probably right at 11lbs, so he could stand to lose a few ounces.

Luke: Was 12.6lbs back in October. When he and Josh first moved in with me he was right at 13lb but lost weight once he had 2 other kitties to chase around and I switched his diet. BUT, he has definitely gained weight these last few months. I'm thinking somewhere around 13.0-13.5. His ideal weight is probably right at 12lbs. So...diet is in his future!!!!

I feed Royal Canin VD Young Adult dry. They get 1C split b/t them in the AM, 1/2C in the afternoon, and 1C for overnight. I also split a can of Authority wet food in the evening.

Luke is the pig for sure. He eats all of his bowl of wet or dry and usually moves on to Harvey or Danny's when they've had their fill. Basically a meal eater. Danny will eat about 1/2 of his bowl of dry or wet then graze throughout the day. Harvey will eat only a few bites at a time, big time grazer.