How far along is Thunder?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You'll need to move the babies and their nest to the utility room, along with mom's food, water, and litter. Mom should follow. If not, you'll need to carry her.

What is the temperature in this room night and day?

Will mom have plenty of food at all times while you are gone?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes mum will have plenty of food , and room ! She will be checked daily as my grandad comes round daily to do the house

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thunder has settled in my room again because we realised that she had moved the kittens to the top ledge . The kittens are now a week old and Thunder is leaving them alone for a longer amount of time ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The top ledge of what? Are they safe from injury?

Yes, mama cats may leave their kittens for up to an hour or two while they sleep, and in between nursing sessions. Does she go to them if they cry?

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wene she is eating and they cry she doesn't go to them she just looks and Carries on eating , when she leaves them she wonderes around the house for a while . She was about five foot above the floor although the ledge is an average counter top ledge . She is under my bed were she likes it lol .

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It's good the kittens are safe under your bed! Things sound good! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The first three have opened there eyes , they started to open them when they where under a week old . The fourth kitten hasn't . Is that normal ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, some kittens do not open their eyes until about 14 days. It's normal.

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All the kittens eyes have opened and they are all the right weight . They are getting playful now ,we put them in a box and its in my bedroom . Thunder feeds them in it when it's in my bedroom but when we put the box downstairs she doesn't feed them in it ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would keep the kittens in your bedroom at all times. Thunder clearly prefers it there. Moving kittens around is upsetting to most moms. They prefer quiet, low-traffic areas.

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update you guys in Thunder and the kittens , Thunder keeps trying to Nick every bit of food she sees . All the kittens eyes are fully open and are blue . They are about four weeks I think

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thunder seems to always feed the kittens on my bed when I'm there in the day time , it's pretty cute

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to update you guys in Thunder and the kittens , Thunder keeps trying to Nick every bit of food she sees . All the kittens eyes are fully open and are blue . They are about four weeks I think
How much are you feeding Thunder?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are precious! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

If Thunder is nicking food, it means she's hungry. Nursing moms need as much wet and dry food as they can eat, with the dry kitten chow available 24/7, and wet food 4 times a day. Make sure she has enough to eat. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

thunder1124

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So the kittens are about five or six weeks now , they will be leaving us at eight weeks . Kittens and muma cat r eating well together . They are toilet trained(almost) and like to climb on all my stuff and wind me up abit lol