How far along is my girl?

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can someone tell me how far along she is or when she is due she has been sleeping a lot and I felt one kick last night for the first time she has been eating a lot more and sleeping alot more

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
A annielove

Welcome to TCS! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Once you feel movement, it's usually 2-3 more weeks. Cat pregnancy is 65-68 days.

Eating and sleeping a lot are normal for pregnant cats. Make sure she has unlimited dry kitten chow and wet food, and set up a nest for her.

Keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you(: I'll keep you posted

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have you any clue when she mated, or when you noticed her nipples pinking up?

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We moved in may 15th of this year and she started going out side about a weeklater I noticed there were many make cats coming around my home I tryed to keep her inside but she got out a couple times and I noticed around June her tummy started getting bigger and nipples started to pinkin and I did a bunch of research and I think her due date will be the end of this month witch is August I'm not sure I just want more info so I can plan a date to be aware I have a box set up with food and water. I can't afford a get right now so this site really help a me thank you for the info and advice (: anymore would help (: haha

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Alright. It's hard to know. She's probably got some weeks left. Feed her well, and we'll be here for all your questions! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey just an update she has been sleeping alot! She still is eating but she has slowed down ? Is that something I should worry about ?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, as cats get bigger they may need smaller but more frequent meals, as their insides are getting squished.

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So it is the 10th now her delivery should be by the 25th but I am not sure just guessing she has been acting a little different she still is sleeping alot and the kittens are moving like crazy her nipples are about to start milking I think they are really big should I be getting ready for the babies soon I am going to post a pic of two

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like she is further along than you thought.  I would start to prepare.  Set up some nest options for her in dark, warm areas.  You should also pick up a small scale, powdered KMR (PetAg is best), and a needleless syringe.  If one of the kittens starts to fall behind, you can supplement them to make sure they thrive.

Can you keep mom totally inside and away from intact males until her kittens have weaned?  Would you like help finding a low cost clinic for spaying once she's ready?

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I will defiantly try to keep her in and of course that would be awesome for the info of the clinic thank you and I have my hole walk in closet cleaning out blanket laid down two box's so she can pick either one and food and water in there so we are 'll ready just waiting for her to pop haha

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes I will defiantly try to keep her in and of course that would be awesome for the info of the clinic thank you and I have my hole walk in closet cleaning out blanket laid down two box's so she can pick either one and food and water in there so we are 'll ready just waiting for her to pop haha
Sounds like you have a nice set up for her!  I would get the emergency kitten supplies now just in case.

For mom, she can get pregnant again within a week of delivery.  This would obviously be VERY hard on her body.  She can also bring disease or parasites back to the vulnerable babies.  It's critical that she stay in until she can be spayed 8 weeks after delivery.

Spay / neuter clinics:

http://www.seattle.gov/animal-shelter/spay-and-neuter/spaying-and-neutering-fees 

This place is $90.

This place has several locations: http://www.pasadosafehaven.org/events/category/pierce/

http://www.feralcatproject.org/book-an-appointment

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So my little kitty has been acting weird I think she might go into labor soon not today but any day now

annielove

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No not yet ): I think soon thou her tummy is really hard and she has been sleeping more then ever I think she will have them tonight or tomrrow