How do you get yourself motivated to do things around the house??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by Mom of 10 Cats
Have your DH invite over company.
that works everytime!! Last time though we didn't clean the master bedroom and we only kinda cleaned

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a hard time self motivating my self. What seems to work for me though is getting out of bed fairly early (after 7 but before 10), jumping right in the shower, make a pot of strong coffee, put on some really upbeat music and open the shades!

Another motivator is inviting company over for dinner! Then I feel I have to hurry up and get stuff done!

annabelle33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i get these spurts where i think "Gee, why don't i clean X" OK and then, for instance, I'll decide to clean out my closet. Well, I'll take everything out and clean inside. Then I'll lose my motivation and either leave half of the stuff laying outside the closet or will throw everything back in a big pile.. This happens all the time.. So anyhow, i started doing small projects instead of one big project and it's working a little better.. But I think my problem is I don't have much room since I moved back with my parents because I have kitchen stuff, tools, file cabinets, cat stuff, computer stuff, etc, cramped into one mid size bedroom and it sucks. I can't wait to move out.. (but i need a job first--ack!)

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by annabelle33
i get these spurts where i think "Gee, why don't i clean X" OK and then, for instance, I'll decide to clean out my closet. Well, I'll take everything out and clean inside. Then I'll lose my motivation and either leave half of the stuff laying outside the closet or will throw everything back in a big pile..
ohmygosh Anna this happens to me..
, you start cleaning something and then you think sheeeesh there are better things to do with my time and then stop half way through
ahhahah

kimward34

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, MA - Love the Flylady! I book marked it! One motivator for me is that I make sure that I have cleaning supplies in both bathrooms so I don't have to run back in forth looking for stuff.

Also I have a housekeeper come over every two weeks...The price is reasonable--she's only $40.00 per visit, not too bad considering she stays for 3 hours... Really, when she comes, I get extra-motivated and end up getting bigger chores done like laundry, changing beds, sweeping the garage and my sidewalks, windows washed, etc...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love the flylady. I signed up for her email section and it really has helped me to keep organized and keeps me motivated. They do tend to send out a lot of emails though, so I do a lot of deleting

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

princess purr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally posted by annabelle33
i get these spurts where i think "Gee, why don't i clean X" OK and then, for instance, I'll decide to clean out my closet. Well, I'll take everything out and clean inside. Then I'll lose my motivation and either leave half of the stuff laying outside the closet or will throw everything back in a big pile.. This happens all the time.. So anyhow, i started doing small projects instead of one big project and it's working a little better.. But I think my problem is I don't have much room since I moved back with my parents because I have kitchen stuff, tools, file cabinets, cat stuff, computer stuff, etc, cramped into one mid size bedroom and it sucks. I can't wait to move out.. (but i need a job first--ack!)
OMG I do that all the time!! When i get in a cleaning mood I really want to clean and I take everything out and make a bigger mess then what I started with