How Do You Deal With Cat Hair?

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think I might invest in a squeegee too! Right now I, of course, vacuum, vacuum, vacuum and sweep. I use a Dustbuster for in between and once a week go over harder area with a rubber glove. It seems to pull the hair out of fabrics really well.

The rubber glove has been my best friend for things like their blankets and my clothes if the get me really good lol.

Once a week those in the house that let me brush them, get brushed. Those that don't - I still try, and well, do what I can before murder teeth come out.
:lolup::insertevillaugh:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh wow my topic got pretty popular--thanks, peeps!
I vacuum a lot (I try to do so every day but school gets a little in the way right now, although I'm sure everybody is just as busy) and use wet/damp clothes on surfaces. But the fur is in the air so it's basically like dust... It just lands everywhere every day. It drives me crazy when there's hair on my kitchen tops and stove :bawling2:

I know I don't groom them enough. I have a Furminator but the fur flies everywhere on the floor. I just purchased your classic steel-pin brush because that works well for my friends who have a long-haired cat; but it doesn't catch a lot of fur on mine... And also seems very unpleasant for them. They're short-haired but fluffy, probably around 1-2 inches of furrrr. This line-combing video is super satisfying :yummy:

The squeegee idea is genius! Our cat tree right now looks awful and I've been scratching my head trying to come up with a good cleaning technique!