How do you cope with 'midnight crazies'?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
gosh, some of you can sleep through anything! 4:30 am i awoke to dulcit tones of luxor's meow - through my door. . .i'll try some background noise.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Luxor's still a baby isn't he? I've finally accepted that our girls are going to be crazy for at least another year or so, so just cover everything they damage!

As for the midnight crazies, if they annoy me, I lock them out of the bedroom, and then go back to sleep. I don't know if they just go downstairs and play down there or what, but once the door is closed, I don't hear them again.

I wake up in the morning, open the bedroom door and they're all curled up against the door looking like angels

kayliekitty

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
When my cat Sunny was young he insisted on our attention at around 4am. He would walk steadily up and down right over our faces. The only way to deal with it was to completely ingore him. Once he saw that one of us was awake, he concentrated his efforts on that person, lol. In the beginning it actually seemed nice and funny, but after a while it was stressful, because we needed our sleep too. And he wouldn't calm down for over an hour or so. We were sure glad when he got older and started sleeping through the night.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The only thing I don't usually sleep through is when they have a wrestling match on the bed and Cindy decides she's hungry, because she's very persistent until I get up and feed her. Or Swanie will dig on the side of the bed to get me up, that works too.

I actually like hearing them tearing around, though, it tells me they're having fun.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes Luxor is still a baby - most of the crazies seem to be either playing in the sink or on the tv. . .both of which are loud. i don't care if the crazies are just running around like maniacs!

fuzzymolly

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by keelyg

Ear plugs! Worth their weight in gold!
Best thing you can do, IMO.

After 9 years of 3 cats ripping around the house at night, I'm used to it and they rarely wake me up anymore, unless one of them knocks something over. Besides, Leroy tends to sleep right beside me most of the night so she's not running around. Well, I'm assuming she's with me most of the night as she's there when I fall asleep and in the same spot when I wake, although it could be a conspiracy (waits until I fall asleep to rip around the house and then comes back before I wake up...).