How do I make pancakes???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, thanks to everyone's wonderful tips- the pancakes turned out excellent!
I made some fried egg whites (i hate yolk!) to go with them -definitely a yummy breakfast! The dogs got to have some too
They got some scrambled eggs (from the egg yolks i didn't use) and my leftover blueberry pancakes i couldn't finish- they thought they'd died and gone to heaven

Originally Posted by Pat & Alix

When you are ready to move to something a bit more unusual, or if anyone here wants it, I have a great recipe for Dutch Babies - a baked pancake that puffs up
That sounds interesting!

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I made some fried egg whites (i hate yolk!) to go with them -definitely a yummy breakfast! The dogs got to have some too
They got some scrambled eggs (from the egg yolks i didn't use) and my leftover blueberry pancakes i couldn't finish- they thought they'd died and gone to heaven

That sounds interesting!
Do you want the recipe? I can post it here for anyone who might like it.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was going to ask my Dad but I see you made them already. He was a Chef and worked at the Hyatt years ago. I love Blue Berry Pancales and Syrup. I am glad they came out good.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Do you want the recipe? I can post it here for anyone who might like it.
Definitely! If you don't mind sharing

Originally Posted by mews2much

I was going to ask my Dad but I see you made them already. He was a Chef and worked at the Hyatt years ago. I love Blue Berry Pancales and Syrup. I am glad they came out good.
That must be nice to have a chef in the family!!!
I'm glad the pancakes came out ok too- i was keeping my figers crossed
I didn't have any accidents, no burning myself, and no messes- it was a success

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
from a family friend, this is a lower cal version (not that I follow it, and I'll note what I do differently)

1/8 lb. butter/margarine
1/2 cup flour
1 cup skim milk (I use half and half, have even used cream)
4 eggs or egg substitute (I only use real eggs)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Melt the butter or margarine into 2 pie pans.
Blend all other ingredients together.
Pour ino the 2 pie pans (be sure to preheat your oven)

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (they will puff up - especially around the edge of the pie pan.

Sprinkle with 10x sugar (I skip that) serve with cinnamon, syrup, jelly or whatever.

These will fall a bit when you take them out, and be sure to have swirled the melted butter evenly over the bottom of the pie pan or the Dutch Baby may stick and be difficult to get out in 1 piece.

These are truly, exquisitely delicious.

Pat's variations:
1:put fresh grated nutmeg and or cinnamon into the batter.
2:cut 1 apple into thin slices (peel first) and place into the batter in a fan pattern before baking.

Enjoy!

zorana_dragonky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

from a family friend, this is a lower cal version (not that I follow it, and I'll note what I do differently)

1/8 lb. butter/margarine
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes (they will puff up - especially around the edge of the pie pan.

Sprinkle with 10x sugar (I skip that) serve with cinnamon, syrup, jelly or whatever.

These will fall a bit when you take them out, and be sure to have swirled the melted butter evenly over the bottom of the pie pan or the Dutch Baby may stick and be difficult to get out in 1 piece.

Pat's variations:
2:cut 1 apple into thin slices (peel first) and place into the batter in a fan pattern before baking.

Enjoy!
Wow, that sounds really good! Great breakfast for two people! I bet I could make that tomorrow. Maybe I should go to the store tonight...

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

1/8 lb. butter/margarine
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Pat's variations:

Enjoy!
Thank you for sharing that recipe with us! It sounds great!!!

Originally Posted by glitch

Go to IHOP! Thats how I make pancakes! Or Shake kind!
I do enjoy going out to eat occassionally, but I prefer to cook as much as i can at home myself so i can regulate everything i eat and know exactly what i'm putting into my body.
So no Ihop for me anytime soon!!!

The pancakes were actually pretty easy and quick to make though! You could totally do that at home even if you're short on time!

glitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Short on time is the understatment of the year, if my kids could stay out from my under my feet for 5 minutes the pancakes would be great, but they wont so they aren't! Im not big on eating out too much either... too many calories!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

When you are ready to move to something a bit more unusual, or if anyone here wants it, I have a great recipe for Dutch Babies - a baked pancake that puffs up
I had those at a B&B a couple years ago - yummy!

Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

That sounds interesting!
Now I really do wish I had been close to where you live. I don't like egg whites but love the yolks. Sounds like the pancakes were a huge success. Congratulations!