How do I get my cat to stop humping me?

ducman69

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jennyranson

Why not try and rub the stuffed toy with a sweaty shirt or something and then just quickly shove it under him at the right moment?
I believe that was the original design intent on the Tickle Me Elmo product...

Or just bring the cat back to the vet. The issue can be literally 'fixed' IMO.

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I think it's clear that you need to rule out medical reasons first (a failed neutering). Please contact your vet and have him or her see the cat. Not much point in getting advice here before you do that.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are failed neuters, especially if there's a problem with an undescended testicle. He needs to go back to the vet or to another vet before you consider this "just" a behavior problem.

catcatcat1213

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
First, I googled "how to get my cat to stop humping me". But reading this thread made me laugh harder than anything I've seen on TV in a long time. Thank u all for educating me and almost making me pee myself at the same time.

tuxedoontheloos

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The first cat I had as a kid was a big stray boy who was somewhere between two and five years old when we brought him in to the vets to get the deed performed. He continued humping stuffed toys, spraying furniture, and howling at windows for the next ten years. He was very sweet and loving though, and better adjusted to the inside life than you'd expect from that list of anti-social behaviours. We always figured that his tom behaviours, like his giant cheeks and greasy tail, were a result of being fixed so late, but reading this I wonder if he might have had a botched surgery?

Out of curiousity, how old was your cat when he was fixed?

Last edited by a moderator: