How did your fur babies get there names.

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My skittles is because I love the candy.. My Pomeranian is Baby Brat because I like the name baby and she is going to be a spoiled brat.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Pudge is named Pudge because she loves food. She will try anything she sees me eating. Her first experience with people food that I know of was when she climbed my face trying to get to a bagel I was eating. tiny kitten claws+face=ouch.

When she was on crappier food, it was hard to keep her at a light weight because of this, so I started calling her "pudgy", it stuck, and over time, it's become pudge, although she's at her ideal weight now.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Vino, Simon and Sapphire came named that and Pandora, Antigone, Calypso, Calliope and Circe are victims of my latest Greek and Roman mythology theme

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by katiemae1277

Vino, Simon and Sapphire came named that and Pandora, Antigone, Calypso, Calliope and Circe are victims of my latest Greek and Roman mythology theme
Wow that is cool. I love the names.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Pixel & Mouse were littermates - i saw the name Pixel in a book, & loved it. Mouse was Mouse to go w/Pixel & because of her color. Then Cable needed a computer name, & i thought she was male...hence the 'masculine' sounding name. Java's name was selected thru a poll here at TCS from a list of computer names. Chip was going to be Port, but someone here suggested Chip, which i hadn't even thought of, & i liked it better. they're all computer names - even the ferals are Apple, Mac & Mozilla!

kaleetha

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
*laugh* Captain is Captain because my little sister deemed it so. Woe to anyone opposing younger siblings! Kanoe was named that at the shelter and we just kept the name because we'd spent five months calling her that and it was hard to change.... plus, she knew her name. Toulouse was a name from one of the kittens in the Aristocats movie (I asked my guy where I'd gotten the name cause it was bugging me after I was asked in another thread).... we had a long list of name for him... including Rajah (cause he's a prince) and Khan (he looks very lionesque, can you tell?) but we finally settled on Toulouse.

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Zissou is from "Team Zissou" in the movie Life Aquatic. For no real reason. She just seemed to like it and it seemed to fit her? She likes the DVD menu cause there's a weird techno song that she likes. And I love how Zissou sounds, two nice solid syllables that don't sound like anything else. (Zeee-Sue). Except nobody else can say it. My mom thinks I have a cat named Vishnu, my sister and brother-in-law (whom she/we stayed with for a month) call her "the kitten", and my Dad, when he calls her anything, calls her Zazzle or Dazzle or something. None of them really live with her, so its not too confusing for her, but I guess I didn't think about other people when I named her. My roommate calls her Zissou in a fake french accent sometimes, like Zi-Sioux. Which is wierd, cause she answers to that too.

commonoddity042

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Zissou'sMom

Zissou is from "Team Zissou" in the movie Life Aquatic. For no real reason. She just seemed to like it and it seemed to fit her? She likes the DVD menu cause there's a weird techno song that she likes. And I love how Zissou sounds, two nice solid syllables that don't sound like anything else. (Zeee-Sue). Except nobody else can say it. My mom thinks I have a cat named Vishnu, my sister and brother-in-law (whom she/we stayed with for a month) call her "the kitten", and my Dad, when he calls her anything, calls her Zazzle or Dazzle or something. None of them really live with her, so its not too confusing for her, but I guess I didn't think about other people when I named her. My roommate calls her Zissou in a fake french accent sometimes, like Zi-Sioux. Which is wierd, cause she answers to that too.
The description of the menu tune makes me want to watch it now. I think I will, in a few minutes.

LOL 2 the mass confusion her name's caused.

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Tavia I was going to name her Octtavia because I had known someone with a cat named that but it was too hard to say so she became Tavia and its unique so I liked it and Lilly when I got her I was going to name her Daisy or Dixie but then we went to walk her and she ran in the middle of my tiger lillies and I named her Lilly

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With India (her name at the shelter was Babette), I wrote names on slips of paper on the table and put her on the table. The first one she went to sniff is what her name became.

Eliott came with the name I just changed the spelling.

Noira was originally Katana and I didn't like it, or the guy istole her from. She is black so I went with Noir, that became NoirA because that is easier to say.

Da-Ku I thought was Chinese or Japanese for Dark but I asked an exchange student at school and she had no idea what it ment.

Pwne was that from the people we got her from. And its a great name.

Kinks we named that.

Bowie was Chloe by the people who asked me to watch her for a few days and I never heard from them again. So we changed it slightly cuz Bowie is cooler.

Merlot I found and I named her that.

With Nella, me and my mom named her together.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Jen

With India (her name at the shelter was Babette), I wrote names on slips of paper on the table and put her on the table. The first one she went to sniff is what her name became.

Eliott came with the name I just changed the spelling.

Noira was originally Katana and I didn't like it, or the guy istole her from. She is black so I went with Noir, that became NoirA because that is easier to say.

Da-Ku I thought was Chinese or Japanese for Dark but I asked an exchange student at school and she had no idea what it ment.

Pwne was that from the people we got her from. And its a great name.

Kinks we named that.

Bowie was Chloe by the people who asked me to watch her for a few days and I never heard from them again. So we changed it slightly cuz Bowie is cooler.

Merlot I found and I named her that.

With Nella, me and my mom named her together.
LOL I like how you did it.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

Wow that is cool. I love the names.
Thanks! of course mostly they get called shortened versions, Pandora is Pandy and Antigone is Tig-Tig or Tiglet
I even manage to shorten Sapphire to Sapphy and Simon to Simes or Simey. Sometimes I just call my dog V

tilly tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
well tilly got her name cause of her markings cause she is a ginger tortie and potty dotty was named by my oldesst daughter and she lives up to here name

psy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Monkey became monkey because when I first brought her home she climbed on everything including the drapes and she would swing around on them it was too cute and I called her a little monkey and the name just kind of stuck.

Pixel is Pixel because I am a digital artist and when I first got her she would not stop walking on my wacom tablet and trying to steal my pen so decided she needed an computerish artistic name and Pixel was it.

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok well Lee is a go kart racer and just bought a new go kart made by Phantom racing Chasis called a Phenom. The first time we raced it was really fast but hard to hold. So Lee decided that the cat was really fast and hard to hold (the lady from the HS had a heck of a time getting her out of her cage) so she became Phenom the cat.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Katie and Gracie are just cute little girl names that I like. Pete and Claire are named for saints, so they have a lot to live up to! They're definitely NOT holy little cats!

willowsmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well I suck at coming up with names unless the personality is just that strong....and Willow was really quiet and shy when I found her so as I was talking to a few friends about her one of them suggested Willow....and I just loved it! so That's who she is.....Willow Ann to be exact!

As for the other kitties I used to have once I named willow I realized that I was a Buffy the vampire slayer fan.....so the next kitty I named after a vampire....then the next kitty after that was named Angel from Buffy....but I've already picked out the name of the next kitty I'm gonna get someday.....it's gonna be Copenhagen like the chewing tabacco hahaha