How did your fur babies get there names.

poisonedpenny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by NavDoc

George and Gracie. George Burns and his wife Gracie Allen. A comedy team from long ago.
If you're a Star Trek fan they're also the names of the whales in the fourth movie.

My little guy is named Dozer. I made a list of names for people to look at, and almost everyone voted for Dozer. I wanted something that spoke of his coloring. Bulldozers are orange. I also wanted something that was mellow. Dozer makes it sound like he sleeps a lot. (And cats really do sleep away most of their lives!) I also wanted to make some sort of cool reference. And with Dozer you have the little green construction guy from the Fraggles, and also the guy from the Matrix.

boxy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
since we knew we wanted a cat before we even went to koneko we already had a name picked and its one he wont have to try to hard to live up to.

my other half might well of like a car part name but i wouldnt even think about it

but i did meet him half way and since his car is japanese i said we could find a japanese word we finally agreed on koneko japanese for kitten

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by boxy

since we knew we wanted a cat before we even went to koneko we already had a name picked and its one he wont have to try to hard to live up to.

my other half might well of like a car part name but i wouldnt even think about it

but i did meet him half way and since his car is japanese i said we could find a japanese word we finally agreed on koneko japanese for kitten
That is cool. I will try to remember this. I know a word in a different language

brandy6902005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kitty, Bitey, got his name for obvious reasons. Before I got him fixed, he was a terror! He would bite anyone who tried to touch him. Now he is a total sweetie pie and a lap kitty:very lovable. Every now and then he still gets playful and nibbles a little. Sometimes when I walk by or he flops on the desk on my arm he'll bite a little.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

momof3rugratz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by brandy6902005

my kitty, Bitey, got his name for obvious reasons. Before I got hime fixed, he was a terror! He would bite anyone who tried to touch him. Now he is a total sweetie pie and a lap kitty:very lovable. Every now and then he still gets playful and nibbles a little. Sometimes when I walk by or he flops on the desk on my arm he'll bite a little.
You can be the speaker on why to fix an aggressive cat

brandy6902005

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by momof3rugratz

You can be the speaker on why to fix an aggressive cat
He is such a sweetie that everyone is surprised to hear of his days as a monster kitty.

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Lucky Boots...that's her official name. But she comes to LuckyGirl. Cause all we say to her is "your such a Lucky Girl!!!" we found her & hubby HATES cats... but with her bunny rabbit tail and her under 5lb body on an 8mos old kitten we couldn't say no. She found us...and she's Lucky she did. My daughter & I wanted to call her Puss & Boots...or Puss for short, we were vacationing in Disney, we wanted to give her a Florida name...but my husband the cat hater says "no her names Lucky, cuz she's Lucky she found us and she's Lucky the only thing she lost was her tail!" So that's it...LuckyGirl...a very lucky little girl indeed! PS...her & my husband are in love. Pretty soon I'll probably be sleeping in the living room "because Lucky like it better sleeping in the bed!"

rayen

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Jupiter is named after a character in a book my husband read when he was tiny, about an all black cat that took over the world

touro1979

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Shamus-good irish name.

Max-I named him after my uncles father. Thought it was a good fit because Thats where I got my boys, at my aunt and uncles backyard. Before I decided on Max I actually started calling him clancy but decided he looked more like a max