How did you occupy your time while in lock-down?

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw! Thank you! No. I do not have an Etsy account. I typically just sell at coffee shops or to friends or friends. I just never have had the confidence to do it. My husband, however, is trying to convince me to have a pop-up show at a local public gallery at a nearby college.
Compared to much of what passes for 'art' these days, your stuff is really, really good. I can't do it myself, but I know good art when I see it. Give me some wood, and it's a different story, but creating something like the examples you have shown is way beyond me.

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I certainly don't have the talent to make a guitar or build anything. And the only thing I paint are walls not to well;) So I've spent more time with the hubby than we would both like, Apparently I'm good at driving him crazy but Patches did enjoy having us in his home.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Compared to much of what passes for 'art' these days, your stuff is really, really good. I can't do it myself, but I know good art when I see it. Give me some wood, and it's a different story, but creating something like the examples you have shown is way beyond me.
Thank you so very much!

I like to draw realistic faces, although I have not done it in many years. I used to paint things that leaned more towards realism and impressionism; however, I started using art to help me with my C-PTSD and found that I really enjoy abstract and expressionism.

Jem

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had big plans.....but didn't accomplish as much as I should have. :paperbag:
I mostly just cleaned and organized and took a much needed rest from life.
My lock down ends today though as I start my first shift back at work this afternoon. It's a gradual start for me as I will only be starting back part time, so my body can rebuild it's strength doing my job. It'll be interesting with all the new policies and procedures we have to do.

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aw! Thank you! No. I do not have an Etsy account. I typically just sell at coffee shops or to friends or friends. I just never have had the confidence to do it. My husband, however, is trying to convince me to have a pop-up show at a local public gallery at a nearby college.
your husband is right, and you should take the plunge with etsy. Honestly it's 0.20 USD to list something. put 20 paintings on, will cost you $4USD or £3.21 Sterling but as soon as something sells you'll be super happy. don't underprice your pieces either!