How did you occupy your time while in lock-down?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Wow, you are really talented. It looks awesome! :thumbsup: How long did it take you to build it?

I can't say that I've made any great accomplishments while in lockdown but I have gotten a lot of exercise, rest and extra time playing with Carleton. :catlove:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I hav worked on my own guitars for years. I bought a Fender Telecaster (Player model) and I liked it so much that I decided to build one to my specs. The company I got the body & neck from sells high quality parts. They were already finished for me and I basically just bolted & screwed it all together. I did a setup on it and it is one of my best guitars now. I would not tackle an acoustic tho. A lot more work that is over my head. These electrics are very simple and easy to build. I now own 8 guitars. 3 are electric. I have been playing since I was about 21 and I am 64 now.

Theo has to give his sniff of approval.
DSCN8453.JPG

DSCN8455.JPG

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm still in lockdown and will probably be until this August at the earliest (I'm at risk to the virus, and my country is still in semi lockdown itself). So far I've mostly been drawing, adult colouring, watching tv shows, and of course giving the cats a lot of attention! I've also been taking a lot of photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm still in lockdown and will probably be until this August at the earliest (I'm at risk to the virus, and my country is still in semi lockdown itself). So far I've mostly been drawing, adult colouring, watching tv shows, and of course giving the cats a lot of attention! I've also been taking a lot of photos.
they still require a mask to enter any place like a grocery store or to pick up a pizza ordered online. I, too, am at risk due to my PKD. I wish things would go back to normal...

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Pretty much still in semi quarantine.
I am only visiting smaller stores, when I need something; which is once a week.

I take advantage of the early senior hours, and ate home within an hour or so.

During full quarantine; I was watching the ocean, waves, clouds, talking on the phone with lots of people, spending too much time with Geoffrey- spoiling him,a bit of coloring, and glued to the tv for all the updates.

I had many plans, but never fulfilled any.

Actually, I took it really well. I think, Geoffrey and my view got me through it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My regular life is apparently indistinguishable from lockdown :/. I haven't done anything different, other than wearing a mask to stores and not going to Omaha or the Twin Cities for funsies (which only happens maybe twice a year anyway). And usually when I visit my parents we all go out to eat but recently I've been making dinner instead.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Beautiful! That's such a gorgeous piece of wood, the colours and grain really stand out. I bet it sounds great. My Husband plays guitar, but I'm not musical at all.

I knocked down the deck and rebuilt it. I built the cats a tree house, a set of shelves so they can climb up onto the roof and made a little bird house. I've just finished recycling all of the usable timber, so I'm looking for a new project now.

Lock Down Project

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Nice guitar! Hubby plays a lot, but not electric, and he's never built one. He's got several classical and flamenco guitars.

We're still in semi-lockdown mode here. I didn't have any projects, but have read an awful lot of books and spent too much time online.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have done my usual things because I really do not go anywhere normally. So, building things, fixing things, making things, and painting.

Here are two tables I recently made:
20200605_150932.jpg 20200610_160800.jpg

A close family friend's girlfriend died suddenly from a heart condition a short while ago. He had purchased some of my artwork in the past, so I offered to paint him something--for free--of her favorite flower, the sunflower. I took some liberties with the sky: It is a sunrise on the left and a sunset on the right. It leans more towards the Impressionistic than what I usually do, but he loves it. It, like many of my paintings, was 90% fingerpainted. It is in water-soluble oils.

20200518_174538.jpg

I painted this for my daughter:
image (4).jpg

And painted these for fun:
20200513_141608 (1).jpg
20200513_141654.jpg

20200513_141910.jpg
20200513_141924.jpg

My camera is awful, so the colors do not look right. My walls are a light French grey, not whatever that is. The second "fun" painting looks sort of dream-like in person. That does not show in this picture.

I refinished an adorable end table that my son had picked up at a thrift store months ago. I will come back later with a picture of it because it is upstairs and I am too lazy and sleepy to go upstairs at the moment! Haha!

Tonight, I was rebuilding my daybed. I am supposed to be stenciling the ceiling of my sitting room with plaster, but my daybed broke. Blah! That is one thing I did not want to do.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Those are beautiful Elphaba09 Elphaba09 !

Life felt normal for us in a lot of ways until the school year was done. I didn’t get to do the geography projects with DD at the library but we made do.

Now that its summer I should be getting projects done. DH and I got some garage cleaning done. We plan to have a big garage sale at some point and get flooring inside the house replaced.

We have been gardening; but that’s pretty normal.

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ate a lot of food and got chubby :lol:

I've been working full time from home, so this idea that 'lockdown' has suddenly given everyone endless free time to learn languages and take up hobbies is mostly @#$%!*&. I'm just extremely grateful that I still have my job, my income, my relationship, cupboards full of food, Netflix, and of course my cat. Not everyone I know has been so lucky 😞

MonaLyssa33

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have (nearly) finished two more grad classes. The Data Engineering one ends next week, then I'm off on another right away (Python programming this time). I was reassigned within the county I work for and have been working remotely 3 days a week. I've also done a lot of painting in my house. I finished my bathroom a couple of days ago. My craft room is next, hopefully tomorrow. I built a catio for my cats and I also decoupaged an old footlocker.

This is a collage I made for my bedroom. The color scheme for my room is based on a peacock feather.

thumbnail6.jpg
Here's my bathroom repainted. I used the same paint from my bedroom but mixed in ivory paint that was in my basement to both make it lighter and also because I wouldn't have had enough if I didn't do that.
thumbnail3.jpg thumbnail5.jpg

This is the catio on my deck. It has more fencing material on top but this is an older picture so it isn't shown here. thumbnail2.jpg
Lastly, this is the footlocker I decoupaged.
thumbnail1.jpg thumbnail4.jpg

Xraystyle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yeah, we never went into lockdown. We had about a month where we didn't have students actually in the school and were doing online classes, but our schedules were normal. FOr maybe two weeks our boss let us off an hour early. lol.

Right now we are supposedly in a phase of strict social distancing, but other than everyone wearing masks no one is really staying inside and away from their friends. I am, mostly due to the fact that the things that aren't allowed are the exact things where I'd meet my friends: sports and concerts.

I took up drumming, which does require me going to a drum practice school. I went three times this week and heard other people but didn't actually see anyone. haha. Drumming you can wear a mask for anyway so I don't feel like it's that risky of a pursuit right now. Other than that I"ve been playing video games and riding my bike. I want to start an animation project. ONe of my fave bands has their 25th anniversary this year and they have a cover song challenge. I was going to do a video, but now am thinking animation might be better since I can do it at home haha. THe song I"m planning to do has the karaoke version on youtube, so I"m going to record myself along with that. I'm learning it on the drums too, but someone already did a drum cover of it!

kissthisangel

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
my goodness your paintings are wonderful. the sunflowers one is just beautiful. do you have an etsy? please can you link it if that's allowed. wow.

Elphaba09

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my goodness your paintings are wonderful. the sunflowers one is just beautiful. do you have an etsy? please can you link it if that's allowed. wow.
Aw! Thank you! No. I do not have an Etsy account. I typically just sell at coffee shops or to friends or friends. I just never have had the confidence to do it. My husband, however, is trying to convince me to have a pop-up show at a local public gallery at a nearby college.