How clean is your house?

sea witch

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I keep it clean enough I suppose....of course there's dust bunnies all under everything....but I do keep up on the surface dusting since I've got allergies...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

I keep a clean house, but please, the behind and under stuff gets done perhaps 2 times a year............
That's me. I clean under the sofas once or twice a week, but only bother with behind or under appliances/cabinets once or twice a year. Ditto cleaning windows - two or three times a year at most!

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

I'm tempted to invite company over...because that will make me clean!
haha. My sister-in-law (from out of town) called last weekend to say she was in town and was 30 minutes away - AMAZING the amount of work I got done in that 1/2 hour.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a slob. I don't have food laying around or anything, but I have so many papers and books it's nuts. I do have sparkling bathrooms though. For some reason I always keep the bathroom clean, even if the rest of the house is a mess.

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just tidy up, my house is almost always in order. But I don't do much dusting or enough vacuuming, I admit!

paulena

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I use to be quiet a clean freak when I worked, I would spend the whole weekend cleaning house and doing laundry, by the time Monday morning came, you couldn't tell that I had spent the whole weekend cleaning. Now that I am home every day (due to back injury) I try to do some type of cleaning every day, (can't do too much due to back pain) But somehow I manage to keep it presentable if someone happens to drop by.

Paulena

catloverin_ks

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I try to keep mine pretty tidy...but LOL about the cushions! My daughter decided to pull the cushions off the love seat today and holy cow!!
Lets just say Im fixin to do some major vacuming!!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I rarely clean behind the fridge or under the stove. I pulled the bottom stove drawer out last weekend so I could clean under there, and found a gold mine of kitty crinkle balls!

I am not a great housekeeper. As others have posted, the bathrooms are always sparkling. But with a family of 5, there is always laundry to be done, clean loads sitting in the basket ready to be folded and put away. And cooking and dishes to be done. And with the cats and dog, I should vacuum more often...it gets done once or twice a week.

If company is coming, we have to do a quick clean up!

What I am wondering, is how do people find time to vacuum daily, or wipe down walls weekly?!? I know I could do more, but I think if I want a really clean house, I would seriously need a maid! LOL!

wookie130

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is a rather touchy subject for me right now.

My house is vile.

But once it reaches a certain stage, I get fed up, and clean like a maniac.

kittypaw1018

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to clean houses for a living as I did it for 10 years and trust me when I say this as its a personal way to clean your own house and if others are complaining about how they clean then their houses must be worse off then yours.

I clean my parents home as I live with them and the place stays as clean as I can keep it that way although its not easy when friends come and go like in my parents home.

If you have kids though its not always easy to keep it tidy as kids love to make messes. Just like pets do. hehehe.

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is actually a TV show called "How Clean Is Your House." If anyone thinks they are a bad housekeeper, they should watch this show. One guy had not cleaned at all for 9 years! The toilet was BLACK! One person had a dog who chewed up the couch cushions and spread junk everywhere. I mean, these houses are filthy! And two ladies come from the UK to clean up filthy American homes. It is gross, and entertaining, and fun to watch!

http://www.lifetimetv.com/shows/clean/

leilaluv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
yep, once I saw that show I was like..... Im NOT a slob......

When I was in high school I had dishes, papers, school work, EVERYTHING everywhere! I've improved only cuz Im married and get embarassed if my hubby sees too much mess. Im as tidy as I can be..........but thanks to the internet, I slack alot. Right now im supposed to be taking care of things........and Im HERE ough!

I discovered ur supposed to clean AT LEAST under the cushions cuz the sofa likes to eat everything

Unfortunately my cats dont help, they like to take everything and hide it, I find stashes all the time. INCLUDING my jewelry!
SO I try to be as tidy as I can so they wont steal my stuff.

If I were single I think I would be a complete slob, I dont mind a mess as long as theres no creatures ha ha! I LOVE a clean house, but if someone else does it. Its very fulfilling to do it urself but it gets dirty SO fast its like you never did ANYTHING

dixie_darlin

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speaking of cleaning, I got my Mother's Day Gifts early. I got a Dirt Devil Power Sweeper and a Swiffer wet/dry mop!
this makes cleaning SOOOOO much easier considering the new house has ALL TILE floors!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CDubbie

I'm tempted to invite company over...because that will make me clean!
We always try to have a couple of parties a year just to get the house thoroughly cleaned!

I grew up a clean freak and married a man who's proud of the fact that he doesn't notice dirt until its big enough to support major agriculture. He grew up in a small 3 bedroom house with 10 people so clutter doesn't phase him. It's the biggest point of contention in our marriage.

I dust when I can get thru the clutter and vacuum around the clutter. You can't clean a house when you need to spend an hour in each room to remove the clutter before you can clean it. I have a pact with my husband now that we've moved into a larger house that I will not accept clutter any longer - he finds a home for it in a cabinet or drawer or I throw it in the garbage. So far it's working, and I've talked him out of a lot of stuff (went to charities).

My kitchen is cleaned after every meal and the bathrooms cleaned weekly. Litter is scooped daily and I've bought electric brooms to sweep up the litter crumbs around the litter boxes (we are all carpet now). Laundry and vacuuming occur on weekends. Dusting and windows occur when they start to look bad. We get a lot of nose prints on the windows in this house.

For cleaning under things? You couldn't rearrange furniture at the old house - rooms too small and no incentive to move them to clean under them. We have big rooms here and plan to move and clean under them a few times a year. We found a couple dozen toys under the furniture and appliances when we moved out last month - pretty funny!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't clean like I used to that's for sure
But I do cleaning for a handful of special people I have worked for for over 4 years, I know I do a great job cleaning for other people but that's my job
so I'm kinda like the shoemaker I guess. I used to be very peticular when I cleaned my house now I guess I'm worn out
My Hubby said have someone come in
then he said never mind you would clean it before they came and after they left
I think when you get to the point of having done it for 40 yrs it doesn't seem to be the most important thing.
I rather play with a mouse and the cats

anakat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I did a big clean in the bedrooms last week, took the pictures down and cleaned them, took the light shades down and cleaned them. I even wiped the light bulbs. I washed all the paint work, cleaned the windows, hovered, dusted and polished. It looked lovely; I sat on the bed to admire it and spilt my coffee all over the clean bed. I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t think I am ever going to clean again.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dusting the baseboards and the ceiling fan used to cross my mind occasionally, now it is "I have to have room on the counters to cook dinner!
" With a two yr old who is an only child (but does do a good job of entertaining herself- and now has a dog to get into trouble with
(sometimes they are both in timeout at the same time
) ,my not so great housecleaning has turned into "at least kill the germs and dust later!" adventure! The spirit is willing, but the flesh.can be oh so weak..
Picking up and vacuumming is about the most that gets done around here regularly and I moan when my husband offers to help me vacuum, because I know he is going to pullout the recliners and endtables!

cyber cat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well...Anthony calls me a clean freak. My house is spot less, I clean my house every Saturday; Vacuum, sweep, mop the foors after, dust, clean all the bathrooms from top to bottom. Do the laundry.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am a neat freak. I can not stand for things to be messy and unorganized. Every weekend, usually on Sunday mornings I do a deep clean. I scrub the kitchen, including appliaces. Then I clean the kitchen floor on my hands and knees with one of those Mr. Clean magic erasers. Those things clean the floor so well that it is spotless when you are through.
Then I move onto the rest of the house where I dust, vacuum the carpeted rooms, and mop the wood floor and bathroom floors. I clean the all the window sills, scrub the bathrooms, change the litter in Dori's box, clean all the tv screens and computer moniters, etc. I basically scrub the entire house. Then sweep off the back patio, pool deck, and garage (every other week or so).
Every day when I get home from work I spend about 20-30 minutes tidying up. I run the vacuum, sweep the kitchen, wipe down the bathroom counters, run a load of laundry if needed, and scopp Dori's box. I always clean the kitchen after a meal

Once a month or so I get in the mood to clean out things. I will go through the closets and throw away things we are not using. I hate clutter!

We always joke that I am OCD about cleaning because, for example, if the living room is a mess I can not sit down and relax to watch tv. I have to clean it first