How clean is your house?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lunasmom

I swear I use to be a clean person!!!!

However I moved in with my boyfriend and his wrappers and garbage can't seem to find the garbage can. At first it made me angry,
, but he keeps doing it. Now I won't even touch. I throw out most of my things, why can't he throw out his?

Oh and his soda addiction is disgusting too...It wouldn't be bad if he put the soda bottles where they're suppose to go (soda bin). Instead they go on the counter right next to the fridge.

I try to super clean once a week, but with the constant mess it just goes right back to square one within an hour.
Ummm, we should be best friends!
I swear we have the same husband... it drives me INSANE! And let me tell you, my trash is 2 feet away from the table, the counter, and the fridge...but he puts the wrappers/cans/bottles on the table or ontop of the microwave. Never in the trash...

But cleaning for me: dishes- every other day, vaccuum- 2-3x per wk (hubby will do a not so good spot vaccuum 2x I do it once thoroughly, carpets up & shaken out etc.), bathroom 1p/wk thoroughly (I use Lysol wipes on the sink & toilet 2-3x I have bad spitter/rinsers that brush their teeth), kitchen- I wipe down after dishes every other day & only mop like once a month...we vaccuum it, dust- 1x per wk, litter- scoop every other day empty & scrub w/lysol 1xp wk, aquarium 1 every 2-3 weeks. And I too have cluttered piles of mail to be sorted & filed on my desk.

But I'm sorry, behind the stove, & refrigerator are a part of spring cleaning...meaning you do it once at the beginning of springtime. That's my story & I'm sticking to it!!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ever since I moved in, I've been great about keeping the place really clean and sparking and smelling wonderful (which, with 3 cats in less than 500 suare feet is a daunting task)...then this stinky quarter happened and I've let it fall by the wayside. I haven't had a day completely to myself since March, therefore, no cleaning. Which is making me even more stressed, depressed and frustrated than I am from this busy, stupid, horrible quarter.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I usually end up tidy-ing up daily - it seems like even with 2 people and one cat, things seem to be put where they aren't supposed to - and I end up cleaning what I just picked up!

I do a SUPER clean every Sunday morning - vaccuum, dust, clean up, mop the floors - ect. Of course, Harley is a super helper...NOT! He loves the broom!

The only thing that doesn't get picked up as much as it should, is the bedroom! For some reason, it always looks like my closet has thrown up - and my clothes are spread randomly around the bedroom - I can never make up what I want to wear to work - so what I don't wear, ends on the floor

I like to keep a clean house though - we are always having friends over - and it just bugs me when they have to see a dirty house!

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
babyharley said:
The only thing that doesn't get picked up as much as it should, is the bedroom! For some reason, it always looks like my closet has thrown up - and my clothes are spread randomly around the bedroom - I can never make up what I want to wear to work - so what I don't wear, ends on the floor

QUOTE]

That's my house! I spend all my time cleaning the rest of the house I'm beat by the time I get to my bedroom!!!
And the beautiful king size 4 poster bed I HAD TO HAVE is nothing more than a clothing rack for the things I tried on and decided the extra 20lbs didn't look so hot crammed into a size 10.