House Hold Pet class

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Duke is a weirdo I guess. He LOVES being caged! Whenever I bring out his carrier, he jumps right in and will stay there. He likes to sleep in it too. Even at the vet, he's very comfy in it. He'll even stick a paw out to play a bit.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have written down from my phone conversation with Karly that the cage will be 24x24x48 inches, but Tiffany, it seems you got a different set of numbers. I guess one of us misheard her.
Can anyone confirm what the cage size will be for ACFA? I'm e-mailing her now to see what it is.

On cage decorations... I realize a sheet will be good enough, but it seems so blah... any small things I can do to spruce it up?

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I haven't figured out what I'm gonna do about the cage curtains yet. I may just go to Jo-Ann's Fabrics and get something on Friday.

I don't have the cage size anymore because Duke shredded the paper I wrote it all on.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's right. I think I read somewhere on this thread or another one that you thought it was 28 inches long... I guess we'll find out!

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just for the record (I saw you got the e-mail too, tiffany)... it's extra money for the double size cage (48 in long). The regular c
age is 24 each direction.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to wish you both lotsa LUCK!!! Enjoy your self and don't stress out - just have fun!

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey Tiff, do me a favour please? Make sure you have extra batteries in your camera and take some pics of Abys for me? Thanks!

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aye Aye Capn'!

I was so enamored with the aby's at the last show! The one that finalled as best aby in the last ring was so CUTE and active! More than every other cat in the ring. The judge had a little dragonfly teaser that he was going around the ring with. He started with the aby, and of course she was all over it. When he went to the next cage, the aby was still trying to get to it, even when the judge was on the other side of the ring!

And then there was the adorable little somali girl that was peeking at me from behind her bed in her cage. She kept winking at me. Then her breeder pulled her out of the cage, and when I saw that 'foxy' tail, I was smitten!!!

So yeah, I'm taking an extra TWO sets of batteries to the show AND my laptop so I can download the pics once the memory card is full!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
And don't forget to check the catalog (and take pictures) if an ocicat is there

Don't forget to ask Carol Barbee about the shaded chocolate you guys are showing

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my camera and two sets of batteries all ready... I sure hope Carol will be able to pinpoint Tobie's coloring!
They may be confused when they see his parents... a blue (maybe a smoke, if so, only very slightly) and a brown tabby with white (maybe chocolate, but I don't think so.. his tail is awfully black).

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Carol is the ACFA president, isn't she?

And of course, plenty of oci pics to come! (speaking of, we'll be needing a Charlie fix soon!
)

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By this weekend (so you'll have to wait till after the show to see them). I just took a bunch more this morning and will download tonite. If I'm not too busy I'll try to post a few.

Yes Carol is prez of ACFA at the moment

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I just got all the cage decorations today... a beige monochromatic paisley tablecloth for the top, and a dark brown faux fur blanket for the bottom (it contrasts with his fur nicely!). I also got this nifty carrier that has padding on the inside, and it even color coordinates! Tobie is playing in it now.
I'm going to put it in the cage during the show so he has somewhere to hide!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Instead of putting a carrier in the cage - its difficult to get him out; you might just get one of the round soft beds for them to curl up in.

BTW Charlie will have dark brown towels and red curtains for his cage. It is nice contrast

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good point... I will bring a kitty bed too just in case.

Good luck to handsome Charlie! Take pics of the Burmese and Scottish Folds at your show too for me, please.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Fair enough - will remind DH to take the camera - besides, I want to at least get a picture of Charlie at his first show. We forgot the camera with Ling

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Well, its official! Duke is a homebody! He didn't like showing at all and I pulled him after the first ring.

I did get to meet Shannon and her husband though, and Tobie is even more handsome in person than in photos!

Speaking of photos, my camara decided it didn't like shows either and that today was a good day to retire.

Well, maybe when Ares gets settled we can see how he likes the show ring.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww Duke's so pretty too. Did he just not like the handling by the judge or the other cats he was upset about?

How did Toby do, or is Shannon gonna update us? Has Toby been seen by Carol Barbee yet for color classification?

And were there any ocicats entered? Check the catalog.

Were you only showing Duke today and is Toby being shown both days? Who judged Duke?

Yeah I know I have a ton of questions in this post - take them one at a time Tif

And don't feel too bad - Ling made it thru 3 rings before we pulled her. She just didn't like it.

tiffanyjbt

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Awww Duke's so pretty too. Did he just not like the handling by the judge or the other cats he was upset about?
I'm not really sure. I put him in the benching cage, and he was ok for the most part. A hiss or two, but he was fine and didn't mind being pulled out. But once I took him up to the ring, he started hissing and growling. The judge asked me to remove him from his cage to be judged! I didn't take that as a good sign, but everyone (even the judge) said that he just needed to get used to it all and that his reaction wasn't unusual. When we got back to the benching area, he was still hissing. I pulled him out of the cage and held him for a while, which seemed to comfort him but when he went back in, he started hissing all over again. I felt so bad for him, I decided to just leave.

How did Toby do, or is Shannon gonna update us? Has Toby been seen by Carol Barbee yet for color classification?
Tobie finalled in the first ring. Not sure where he placed because I was busy trying to comfort Duke. I'll let Shannon tell you the rest.

And were there any ocicats entered? Check the catalog.
I left the catalog in my car, so let me get back to you on that one.

Were you only showing Duke today and is Toby being shown both days? Who judged Duke?
Yes, both Duke and Tobie were Saturday only. I'll have to look at the catalog to tell you who judged Duke. He was VERY nice though.

And don't feel too bad - Ling made it thru 3 rings before we pulled her. She just didn't like it.
Thanks. I don't feel too bad though. I'd feel worse had I made him keep going. Duke is happy as a lark right now, and he forgave me once we got in the car! LOL!