Homemade iced tea?

leilaluv

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use loose tea, I dont do the bags cuz they are not half as fresh as loose tea. You can get loose black tea at any lil indian grocery store or online, its called "red label" or you can also get loose leaf black tea online from adagio or dragon water. Its amazing how different loose fresh tea tastes.

Anyway you bring the water to a short boil and for every cup use a teaspoon of tea. bring to a boil once again and turn off the heat. Strain the tea and add sugar to taste!

You should also try iced green tea, its very tasty and helps ya lose a couple of inches off ur waist.

Green tea is more delicate. First bring the water to 180 degrees, then add one teaspoon of loose tea leaves per cup, let it sit for 3 minutes and strain. If you leave it too long it will get bitter, and if you over boil the water it will also get too bitter. Again, sweeten to taste.

As for hibiscuz "tea" its a very popular drink in Mexico so I never saw it as a tea just as a drink tee hee. But its very yummy and refreshing nonetheless. In case you cant find it under hibiscus, you can find it at grocery stores as "Flor de Jamaica" or "jamaica" my hubby calls it Jamaican water lol. anyway, Dont use to many petals cuz it comes out very tart.

Enjoy!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I boil a huge pot of water and make the tea like that. I love peach iced tea, so I buy peach flavored crystals and sweeten the tea with that and everyone thinks I'm a iced tea-making god.
Just sweeten the tea with your favorite drink crystals.

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I LOVE iced tea, it's about the only thing I will drink, except for water and some coffee too. As for brewing, one thing you should never do is boil the tea bags. Doing so, releases the tannic acid (also known as tannin). This is what makes tea bitter. I like my tea strong however and it is almost as dark as coffee. I use the loose tea leaves and use an atomatic tea brewer, like the kind they have for coffee, but for tea instead. As for the amount of sugar, it is a matter of taste. Just add a little at a time, until you come up with the taste you like. I also like sun tea. The cold water brew method makes the best tasting tea, because very little tannin is relased.