HOLY COW! Look at Hurricane Katrina!

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wishing the Gulf states and one of my favorite places on earth, New Orleans, the very best vibes for safety. This is a Category 4 storm now with nothing in its way to shear it down. YOW!!!!

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Been watching it on the news here. Yikes! To all those in the affected areas, be safe!

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is one beautiful storm!! I know, it can and will cause a lot of damage, but it is still beautiful. I also think tornados are a beautiful sight to behold, even though the are so deadly.
a Category 4 storm now with nothing in its way to shear it down. YOW!!!!
Well, this may not be so true. Yes, it is in the gulf over some very warm water. But, when I look at this picture, I see that the western side of the storm is not quite as dense and it almost appears that some dry air is trying to find it's way into the storm. This may prevent further strengthening and could weaken it some, but it will not stop it. May God be with the people and animals who will be in the path of this storm. It's going to be a rough one.

miss mew

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's incredible...they are very beautiful to look at but so deadly. "stay safe" vibes to those that lie in it's path.

big-cat-fan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, I wanted to use this post to ask for GOOD VIBES for my family. I am from Lake Charles, La. That is where all of my family still is. Except for my mom and dad whom live in a very small town called Bell City, La. which is about 20 miles east of Lake Charles. Lake Charles is a little over 2 hours west of New Orleans. Hopefully they wont get very much of it.

~SARAH~

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow, I just saw this that katrina is now a 5 with winds of 175 mph. Guess the little bit of wind shear I saw, had no chance at slowing it down. We have a cat named Katrina, she is such a sweet loving girl. I don't think this storm is going to be so kind and sweet. Whether you believe in God or not, I think we all need to say some prayers for the people in the path of this storm. They are going to need it.

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
We have family 30 miles north of New Orleans. I hope everyone follows the authoritys warnings. Everyone stay safe please.

luvmysphynx

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Boy, they are saying this may be "catastrophic" for New Orleans! I hope and pray that the residents there, listen and leave New Orleans!
They are saying that they could see gas prices go uo to $3.25-$3.50 or more per gallon! OUCH

dicknleah

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
They are talking about the last hurricane that hit New Orleans back in 65. It was a cat 4 and in the year 2000 dollars, it cost 8 billion in damage. They are also saying that the levees and pumps are no match for this storm.

katspixiedust

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They definitely need to be in our thoughts over there. New Orleans is SO far below sea level and on top of that is shaped like a bowl so this storm is going to cause some horrendous flooding. Stay safe everyone over there, and please, get the heck out of there!

caligirl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wanting to send all mylove and prayers to everyone and the little animals in the path of Katrina.
I just turned on the weather channel, I didn't realize how bad it was.

I was out of town with my family. I'm a but worried too, my grandparents live in Georgia at the top where part of Katrina is in path with. I do hope that they are alright.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sashacat421

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This thing is a 5 now, and Hurricane Camille, the most famous one, was a 4 in 1969. I am so sorry I posted this. I feel really guilty. It's not supposed to be fun, this is awful. If I could fly down and help everyone I would. We are sending huge prayers and vibes to ALL Tcs members and their kitties and everyone along the Gulf.

-E.

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eddie - don't be sorry to post the news of this. It's our way of showing that we care for those who we know down there and all those we have never talked to as well. But I know what you mean - it's sad that the news is that it has strengthened and not weakened.