High Heels

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

baloneysmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My legs feel weird in a flat shoe as well. I find when I walk Bruno, or walk the SPCA dogs when I volunteer I need to stretch my legs a bit to get used to them being flat (I wear runners when walking). Maybe because we have been wearing heels for so long itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the same discomfort as someone wearing heels who are not used to them?

I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t wear them for self esteem issues. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m pretty confident that I can equal up to any man (or woman) I work with, with or without heels. But there is always that certain… cant think of a name for it… I like to be totally presentable, to me heels are just part of the whole outfit of me. Just like how I do my make up or hair, it all makes me who I am as a person. If I am without one part I can get a little bit uncomfortable. I think everyone is that way. Everyone has there own “thing†I guess.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

My legs feel weird in a flat shoe as well. I find when I walk Bruno, or walk the SPCA dogs when I volunteer I need to stretch my legs a bit to get used to them being flat (I wear runners when walking). Maybe because we have been wearing heels for so long itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the same discomfort as someone wearing heels who are not used to them?

I donâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]t wear them for self esteem issues. Iâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]m pretty confident that I can equal up to any man (or woman) I work with, with or without heels. But there is always that certain… cant think of a name for it… I like to be totally presentable, to me heels are just part of the whole outfit of me. Just like how I do my make up or hair, it all makes me who I am as a person. If I am without one part I can get a little bit uncomfortable. I think everyone is that way. Everyone has there own “thing†I guess.
Me too. I just don't feel "dressed up" without heels. I could be wearing a $1,000 Dior suit but if I had on flat shoes I would feel dowdy. I guess it's all what we get used to.

tari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SwampWitch

There are also insoles you can add to your high heels so your feet don't slide down. Those sound like they'd help but I never tried them.
I've tried those, but they never work for me. They end up feeling like I've got an uncomforatable wad in my shoe, and my feet slide around anyway. Out of curiosity, do they work for anyone here? Is there a trick to them? Is one brand better than others?

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Tari

I've tried those, but they never work for me. They end up feeling like I've got an uncomforatable wad in my shoe, and my feet slide around anyway. Out of curiosity, do they work for anyone here? Is there a trick to them? Is one brand better than others?
I've tried them and find them uncomfortable as well. I tried on a pair of shoes one day and told the sales person there was something sticking up in one of them. Apparently it was a small seam. He told me I must have very sensitive soles which I know is true as I have always had to be careful when buying shoes that they don't hurt the bottom of my foot.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I do not know about heels .. I wear a girls 2-3 and no it is not = to a 5 ... I use the new dr shools (sp) dress ones are great

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Jen, I don't think I've ever seen feet that tiny!
My husband wears a 14 EEE and our daughter wears a ladies 12 or 13 depending on the shoe.

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh, sister, I feel your pain!
I am 5ft, and feel like a dwarf around everyone, not just men!

I don*t have much trouble handling high heels all day; I *m just used to them--since I was 10! However, I must admit that a high, but thicker, heel feels a lot more comfy all day. Just a plain pump-style dress shoe, with a chunkier high heel. Wedges are also very comfy, but perhaps not the best style on a shorter leg (you lose that lengthening look of a high heel).

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

I do not know about heels .. I wear a girls 2-3 and no it is not = to a 5 ... I use the new dr shools (sp) dress ones are great
Me, too. And I get funny looks from little girls when I am trying on kids* shoes.

I didn*t know they had Dr. Scholl*s DRESS shoes! I only know about the sandals.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvionc

Maybe because we have been wearing heels for so long itâ€[emoji]8482[/emoji]s the same discomfort as someone wearing heels who are not used to them?
that's because constant wearing of high heels shortens the back calf tendons/muscles.
If you wear very high heels, you should know that can cause the calf muscles and Achilles tendons to become permanently shortened.
link: Steady Health