hiccups...me..help

menagerie mama

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

I find that eating a teaspoon of granulated sugar followed by a cup of warm water works for me
I don't do the water, but the sugar works for me...my mom has always told me to do that, all my life!

emb_78

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

I have done this all my life, works everytime.

Take a glass of water.. put a butter knife in it and when you drink place the butter knife against your forehead.. and just drink normally.. Somehow it works.
I have done this and the sugar thing!

carolpetunia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad you're feeling better! It really is largely a mental thing, and all kinds of distractions will help. But if you have no one present to ask you a wacky question, and no sugar or water or butter knife... please consider my method, which has never failed. I've even cured strangers in public places in a matter of seconds, just by TELLING them how to do it:

If you're in a situation where you can do so without embarrassment, it helps to raise both arms up high. Then you close your eyes and imagine the warm, liquid light of the sun slowly pouring down like honey into your hands... and down through your arms, warming you as it flows... and then into your chest, slowly flowing down through your body... and settling easily into a warm pool of golden light in your abdomen.

That will not only knock out your hiccups, but also lower your bloodpressure and your heartrate. :-)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilleah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow Carol, that's pretty different...But I am SO going to try it. It sounds really relaxing, and if it cures hiccups, I AM GOING TO DO IT ALL THE TIME.

Thanks so much for that Carol, that was an amazing post, and I cant wait to try it!

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leto86

I have done this all my life, works everytime.

Take a glass of water.. put a butter knife in it and when you drink place the butter knife against your forehead.. and just drink normally.. Somehow it works.
Hey!! I do that, too! I already suggested that a few posts above.

But it does work for me, too.

oscarsmommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I also find that a spoonful of Peanut Butter works for me! My cousin taught me that

rockcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
bitters and lime - Its an old bartender remedy. Angastora bitters are an ingredient in very few drinks, but bars usually have an old bottle hanging around. Sprinkle 3 drops on a wedge of lime and eat the lime. As for me, it works so well all I have to do is smell the bitters.

siberian tiger

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try a glass of Milk. My Grandmother told me about that when she was alive and it has worked for me every time.

lakeriedog

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Glad they went away! Here's one that works for me. Drink a glass of water upside down. Fill a glass of water, stand up, and bend over at the waist, drink the water from the side of the glass which is furthest away from you. Drink slowly or the water will go up your nose. Works every time.