Hi! New here. First rescue.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG He is HUGE and if he were tan/brown in color he would look like a mountain lion or for sure a cougar!!! What a love
and how wonderful of you to take him home and keep him safe.

He was definitely somebody's cat at some time, he is so sweet. I can't believe you were able to bathe him. WOW!! Definitely, get a stool check, and there is a great product out we use at the shelter. It is called Profender and kills all stages of just about any type of worm your boy would have. It is a spot on treatment and goes on the back of the neck close to the back of the head so they don't lick it off. Check with your vet on this though. He probably has some kind of worms since being on his own for that long.

You have done a great thing

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

therockhugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Feralvr- I bought a dewormer at the vet yesterday and gave it to him. It's the same stuff they give during an office visit. It's a bottle of orange stuff. I have 3 months worth of it!

Well.....we bathed him....didn't say it was easy....lol.

My husbands arms/hands look like they went through a meat grinder. And that's with gloves. After about 10 min of doing the twist and scratch, he grabbed the side of the tub and hung there long enough to scrub him down a few times. His wiskers were black from oil and dirt, and now he's all clean and sooo soft!

April- your baby is sooo cute! I love that type of cat! I actually prefer small cats....but this one had suck loving eyes, I couldn't say no. I actually never thought I would ever adopt a stray. I am more of a bred purebred type person, but there is just something about him, I couldn't just leave him at the garage.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
What a BIG handsome boy!

He really does have those heart-melting eyes.
Some cats are just large. The father of my parents cat was 28lbs...so it might just be genetics. He's gorgeous, though.
Welcome to the site and thank you for taking the big guy in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

therockhugger

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I stand corrected. We now have spaghetti poop. Looks like the wormer is working....(gag)

aprilyim

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Therockhugger

April- your baby is sooo cute! I love that type of cat! I actually prefer small cats....but this one had suck loving eyes, I couldn't say no. I actually never thought I would ever adopt a stray. I am more of a bred purebred type person, but there is just something about him, I couldn't just leave him at the garage.
Thank you Katy!

I'm so glad you were there for your Simba, no matter your previous preferences on strays. That makes it extra admirable of you! And I'm sure he appreciates it and will continue to show you how grateful he is.
(Especially after he loses all of the worms... poor darling!)

I know what exactly what you mean about preferences! There were some adorable kittens at the shelter when I adopted my Simba (and he was actually BIG compared to them) but we knew he was ours when we locked eyes, and then it was doubly confirmed when we got took him out of the cage to have a better look at his personality and how he reacted to us.

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwwww! I just read through this thread - and I'll add my "bless you" for taking in this giant kitty!! He sounds like an absolute love, and obviously is used to being in a home. Hope the de-worming goes well! (LOL @ "gag" - I know....not pleasant.)