Hi I'm New To The Site Got A Question About 4 Week Old Kittens

Bethan

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Have 4 week old kittens and their mother doesn't use a litter tray, she goes outside. I put a litter tray in when she was giving birth incase she wanted to use it instead of leaving the kitty's but she never did. She kept going outside. My question is, will she teach the kitty's to use it? I have noticed the blankets are wet a lot now so they are not using it at the moment. What should I do? Thanks in advance for any advice.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You must help them to show... A a shallow litter, so they have easily to climb in. b non clumping litter; you dont want to risk they taste and get clumping litter inside.
c) put them into the litter before feeding and after feeding... Perhaps even have a little of the wet from outside, or their poo, into the litter, so they notice what its for...
Praise highly when they succeed - even in part...

And momma. You must spay her as soon you can arrange it. She can get preg anew anytime because she goes outside. Humans are in partly protected by nursing children, but not so cats...
She will be able to proceed and nurse her kittens already 24 hours after spaying.

Its not ideal, usually we prefer spaying at 8 weeks, but here you are in a hurry...