Hi guys, I'm back again

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
ooops! Don't pay attenion to the last post of mine...silly me!
Congrats Ali!

Wonderful colours too. I hope everything went well!
Can't wait to see the pics!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, she's been nursing and purring and loving being a mommy.... and there is still a kitten in her. I know for sure, since I can see it moving around alot. It seems to be up a little high.. and not really coming down too quickly. The last kit was born 6 hours ago. She is not in any pain, and not contracting. She's been nursing this whole time.. and finally about a half hour ago got up and ate and drank some water and used the litter box for the first time since birth began.

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm...if it doesn't come in an hour or two try calling your vet to get a suggestion on what to do.
How many has she had so far?
Congrats!

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Calling the vet is always a good idea, but mine said that if she's not contracting, then it's okay. They said that if she's straining and looks to be in pain, then it's an emergency. The best thing to do it just leave her alone with the lights off and see what happens. I kept hearing 24 hours, and then worry. That will put you at about the time the vet opens tomorrow. I'll bet she'll have it on her own though. She probably got distracted or needed a break. Maybe she's even had it by now
. Keep us updated.

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has not had the other. Not yet anyway. She is really pooped out. The first baby out really did a number on her. I had not ever heard a cat cry like she did, that poor thing. Then #2 and #3 popped out without hardly any pushes.... and then she laid down and it all stopped.

My friend's cat had a kitten... and then nothing... she then took the cat to the vet, and the vet said that if she's not contracting, and she's not straining... let her be. And yes.. then that following night, her cat had 2 more kittens!

So, I'm planning on calling the vet in the morning if there is no progress. She really looks happy... she's purring... lickin babies ALOT and sleeping ALOT. She did great, now if we can just get the other(s) out, all will be well!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Good job, Ali!
Keep those babies coming!

What colors are they? Pictures please.

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Your plan sounds great. Yeah, it's good you have heard of that happening because when Coral did that I really freaked out. They vets all want to make money, so they wanted us to rush in...EMERGENCY, was the word they all used, except for our trusted vet. It's always good to know of a good vet that is more into the animals than the money!

Best of luck and please let us know when the last one comes. I can't wait for news!

cutekittenkat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our foster cat Boots had four, then stopped then had four more, like ten hours later! It was funny, because some were born on Saturday, some on Sunday!

whitepwny

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little update...... I'm beat, been up just about 48 hours now, and I'm heading to bed. She started labor again last night! She gave birth to two more, and then tuckered out. I am not certain, but I still think there may be one more. The two she had last night look like they may very well end up being pointed siamese mix... as they are all white, with tan shaded areas of the back... one looks like it may actually have stripes like tabby mommy....

Total as of this morning... 5 kittens.
Black, orange, tabby, and 2 white/siamese They are ALL adorable. I'll update with pictures once this whole ordeal is over with, and I'm not so sleep deprived. Probably this evening! Hope everyone is well.

tinahaj

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow, what a tiring process for the two of you. I hope you got some rest, as did she, and the she' ready to be done and get that last one out! Good luck.