Hi from Jasper, remember me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi all, Smudgie's a little better today. He ate some lunch, then followed me around a while and meowed. That's the first time he's interacted with me for several days! He still seems to be in a lot of pain from something, but I at least he's not getting worse. He's resting on the couch now, and Elsa also finally took some interest in him. That really worried me...when she was acting like he was invisible.

Well, I'll write more later, I guess. Thanks for all the prayers, I was sure worried about this guy!

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is Bobbie, and I will still worry until he is totally well.

Please keep us informed.
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Hi all, Smudgie's a little better today. He ate some lunch, then followed me around a while and meowed. That's the first time he's interacted with me for several days! He still seems to be in a lot of pain from something, but I at least he's not getting worse. He's resting on the couch now, and Elsa also finally took some interest in him. That really worried me...when she was acting like he was invisible.

Well, I'll write more later, I guess. Thanks for all the prayers, I was sure worried about this guy!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
(Kim here) Thank you - and I will too. It's like my husband said, "he was perfectly fine until he went to the vet." I'm sure the vet didn't do anything bad, but I do think that it's possible he contracted something there.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

(Kim here) Thank you - and I will too. It's like my husband said, "he was perfectly fine until he went to the vet." I'm sure the vet didn't do anything bad, but I do think that it's possible he contracted something there.
THat is very likely unfornutately IMHO....has he had all of his vacs? Even if he has he is still vunerable to a URI or "cat scratch fever" like Jasper had, but if he has that the antibiotics should cure it, in Jaspers case it took almost the full week before he was over it.....I am wondering, is he teething by chance, I am wondering if he could have swallowed a tooth and scratched his throat, did they examine his throat by any chance? Just some ideas, I am praying for his complete recovery as well...

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Bijou here! We still prayin and sendin good vibes for Smudge. Get better reel soon little frend.

Hey sister Tia - you sleep with your meowmy just like I do - covered up to my neck with my head on meowmy's pillow close to her face. Sumtimes I lay my head on her face and then she has trouble breathin and has to move.

Our weather startin to get colder now but meowmy sez she likes it better. She sez she not gonna be wearin any long sleeves and turtle necks (how she get turtles necks anyway?) this winter. She havin lots of power surges she sez and it too hot!

Meowmy sez happy birthday to Phil from our whole family.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by carolcat

THat is very likely unfornutately IMHO....has he had all of his vacs? Even if he has he is still vunerable to a URI or "cat scratch fever" like Jasper had, but if he has that the antibiotics should cure it, in Jaspers case it took almost the full week before he was over it.....I am wondering, is he teething by chance, I am wondering if he could have swallowed a tooth and scratched his throat, did they examine his throat by any chance? Just some ideas, I am praying for his complete recovery as well...
I don't know how long they teethe (sp?), but that's a good thought. When I took him in, they asked if he'd been sneezing, etc. and he hadn't, nor had he had any trouble swallowing yet. So I told them it probably wasn't respiratory. I think I almost took him in too early, except for the fever. But I called this morning to make sure that the antibiotic would work for URI and they said yes. It must be pretty strong, I only give him half a pill! Also, his breath smells REALLY bad, so it's probably going on in there!

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Hey Bijou here! We still prayin and sendin good vibes for Smudge. Get better reel soon little frend.

Hey sister Tia - you sleep with your meowmy just like I do - covered up to my neck with my head on meowmy's pillow close to her face. Sumtimes I lay my head on her face and then she has trouble breathin and has to move.

Our weather startin to get colder now but meowmy sez she likes it better. She sez she not gonna be wearin any long sleeves and turtle necks (how she get turtles necks anyway?) this winter. She havin lots of power surges she sez and it too hot!

Hey bro, grate to here from you. We praying for Smudgie too, for him to be ALL well wif no more problems.

hi big brother, i sleeps on meomwys face! i wants to feel her bref on my furs and ever so often i talks to her a lil an lic her nose! Or sometimes on her neck, i MUS be next to her bare skin or i not happy! sometimes i try to climb up under her nite shirt so i can be next to her bare tummy
but i like her face mos of all! she have lots of "power surges" too
, and then she takes off the covers and the cold air gets me, so sometimes under her shirt is bettr cuz she dont take that off!

Thanks for the birthday wishes for our daddy
. We will have fun at home. We kittys are both givin dad some purrs and I MITE give him a lil BITE or two
jus a extra lil somthing from me!
, yur California family, jasper, tia and meowmy Carol

ps. i luv you meomwy linda, luv tia

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise

I don't know how long they teethe (sp?), but that's a good thought. When I took him in, they asked if he'd been sneezing, etc. and he hadn't, nor had he had any trouble swallowing yet. So I told them it probably wasn't respiratory. I think I almost took him in too early, except for the fever. But I called this morning to make sure that the antibiotic would work for URI and they said yes. It must be pretty strong, I only give him half a pill! Also, his breath smells REALLY bad, so it's probably going on in there!
dere Smudge i hope you feel betr soon -
Java
this is Laureen - my 1st cat Medley had horrendous breath, due to tooth decay. just a thought - i don't think Smudge has been around long enough for that, but the bad breath is definitely a symptom. i know when i have a cold i do a lot of mouth breathing, which makes my breath worse...
i hope he continues to improve!

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Speedy recovery, Smudgie, buddy!!!

Happy Birthday to Purrpaw Phil. I'm sure meowmy Carol will make it very special for him. (Which means you two may not get to sleep in their bed tonight!
)

Kissy, kissy, Tia!!!!!

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi everkitn

I wans to thank Jasper an Tia for couragin my meowmy to go to doctors an take keer of herself! She makes pointments an gets nervous an brakes em. Me an Go Go get skeered she get sick an we don't haf no meowmy to take care of us.

Happy Birthday Daddy Phil! Jasper an Tia tells us wot a gud kitty daddy yu are an we likes that bout yu! Hopes yu luves yur dinner an cake an ice creem too. PS let Jasper an Tia haf just a lil.

Smudgie we prayin an prayin for yu -- did the bad place guy not know sactly wot wrong wif yu? Glad yu being gud bout taking yur yucky ole pills.

OK Sweeties an Ari, Tia, Cable, Jasper, Smudge, Java an the other daters we reely gonna miss our date place at Roofies -- all the food an drinks, an parties, an music, an movies an alla the etc
etc
etc
in the bak boofs.

batgirl2good

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
lil sweetharts, we see u and other frens on Friday, ok? at the bar!
Originally Posted by katie=^..^=

Hi everkitn

I wans to thank Jasper an Tia for couragin my meowmy to go to doctors an take keer of herself! She makes pointments an gets nervous an brakes em. Me an Go Go get skeered she get sick an we don't haf no meowmy to take care of us.

Happy Birthday Daddy Phil! Jasper an Tia tells us wot a gud kitty daddy yu are an we likes that bout yu! Hopes yu luves yur dinner an cake an ice creem too. PS let Jasper an Tia haf just a lil.

Smudgie we prayin an prayin for yu -- did the bad place guy not know sactly wot wrong wif yu? Glad yu being gud bout taking yur yucky ole pills.

OK Sweeties an Ari, Tia, Cable, Jasper, Smudge, Java an the other daters we reely gonna miss our date place at Roofies -- all the food an drinks, an parties, an music, an movies an alla the etc
etc
etc
in the bak boofs.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi efurrybody, this is Smudge!! I wuz waitin up for Meowmy when she got up this mornin. I ate sum and I used the litter box. Meowmy say my eye still look funny, but I actin better even though I still jus wants to lay around.

The docs didn really look in my throat cuz Meowmy tol them I wasn't sneezin or anything. Meowmy thinks its my throat or mouf. Cause I mostly havn't wanted to chew anything.

Thanks for the prayers an stuff. Yore buddy, Smudge!

bigkittendaddy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Jas & Tia dis iz Roofuz & Liky heer. Purrpaw wuz reely mad at sum peepuls yesterday and he makded uz klose da bar till dis mornin cawse he didnt wanna do sumptin bad. He wuznt mad at ennywon who hangs in da bar cawze he wulda tawked to whoevvr he wuz mad wif an got it strait. He iz mad at sum odder peepul who he sez are narrow minded but he haz kooled down and sed that iz their problem...Besided we all kinda needed a dry day ennyway. He sez we iz turnin into a bunch of barflys an lounge lizzards an lushus...

Deer Smudgie we iz glad u iz feelin bedder an u get all well soon, u heer?

We wil see evvrfurbuddy in da bar.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Yosemite

Wow, I am so jealous of you and Carolcat! What sweet, loving little kitties you have! I want a Siamese kitten -- whine, whine. Well, more specifically, I want a Siamese kitten like Tia and Bijou! You all are so lucky!!!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Wow, I am so jealous of you and Carolcat! What sweet, loving little kitties you have! I want a Siamese kitten -- whine, whine. Well, more specifically, I want a Siamese kitten like Tia and Bijou! You all are so lucky!!!
Thanks for the complments Snowleop. I think I can safety speak for Carolcat here as well in saying we feel pretty lucky with our cats. Not one day goes by at our house that one of us at least doesn't mention how blessed we are to have Bijou and Mika. They are really awesome in their temperament and personalities.

As for Tia - she was only at our house for 5 days and she anchored herself into our hearts and it was bitter-sweet putting her on the plane to Carol. Thankfully Carol keeps us up-to-date on her which makes my heart sing. I get excited every time I see an e-mail from Carol.

I have always loved cats and think they are all wonderful but am still always amazed at how different each one is in their temperament and personality.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yes, I am already plotting how I can get a kitty that is a brother or sister to Bijou, Mika, and Tia!!!
I know! Carolcat, you are so lucky that Yosemite was so generous in getting Tia for you and flying her to you. Yosemite, I bet it was so hard for you to put Tia on that plane. I know Tia loves you very much -- you are her second meowmy.

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Hi efurrybody, this is Smudge!! I wuz waitin up for Meowmy when she got up this mornin. I ate sum and I used the litter box. Meowmy say my eye still look funny, but I actin better even though I still jus wants to lay around.

The docs didn really look in my throat cuz Meowmy tol them I wasn't sneezin or anything. Meowmy thinks its my throat or mouf. Cause I mostly havn't wanted to chew anything.

Thanks for the prayers an stuff. Yore buddy, Smudge!
Dere Smudgie, we SO glad to here you feelin bettr
. We still gonna pray for you tho, till you is ALL bettr!
My meomwy want to kno if you eye is swollen and red or drippin wattr or what? SHe a nosy meomwy I guess. Anyways we sending purrs and prayers to you to feel bettr and we see you at roofies ifn you feels good enuf to come, ok? yur friends jasper and tia

carolcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

I know! Carolcat, you are so lucky that Yosemite was so generous in getting Tia for you and flying her to you. Yosemite, I bet it was so hard for you to put Tia on that plane. I know Tia loves you very much -- you are her second meowmy.
Dear SnowLeopard, yes I KNOW how lucky I am that Linda was willing to help me get Tia. I wouldn't have her otherwise. She went to a LOT of trouble and we both did some hair pulling before it was all over, not to leave out how HARD for Linda it was to let Tia go when the time came to put her on the plane. I will never be able to say Thank you enough to you Linda for making it possible for me to have Tia. She is my dream kitty. Thank you again Linda for helping me.

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My eye is just mostly closed, but not red or drippy. (Except for the clear stuff that always comes out my eyes that iz probably the Herpes stuff like Cassie's CJ has an also Pixel.) It has the third eyelid about halfways over it, so I look kinda funny. My Meowmy thinks my cheek under my eye mite be swollen, an she thinks when my whiskers touch somethin on that side I jump. The vet sed that wif such a high temperature it mite take a few days to get normal again.

Status
Not open for further replies.