Hi Everyone!!

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone! After Gaye tracked me down and called me at work (which was a call I reeeeeeallly needed on that particular day), I realized that I've been even less active than I thought...and unfortunately I can't say I'll be more active in the future for certain...things have become so busy. But I thought I'd at least drop in and say hello!

Hmmm...let's see....

My shelter is being considered for a reality show on Animal Planet and we're in the final phase of being approved...everyone so far has said yes! SO we've had some crews around the shelter lately. But otherwise, everything is fine there
Kittens, kittens everywhere.

Flute is going well...I've been working really hard and really well lately. Other than one little masterclass and a bit of subbing, I haven't been performing all summer, but that's been good for me. Only one more year before I get to make my big entrance into the "real world".

Ian and I are also really good. he's been off doing an internship in New York City all summer, so I went out there for a while. He's also coming in for my big birthday on Friday! Yaaaay! And we're started considering wedding details...perhaps we'll be getting married at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.

My kitties are really good...Raphael has been undergoing new treatments for his IBD which have been (mostly) successful and the other 2 are doing just peachy. Leo's ear issues were actually the result of allergies and that's been taken care of...they are just happy and healthy and enjoying the fact that this apartment has A/C.

I've missed you guys, but just wanted you to know that I'm still alive!

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Allie!
Good to see you, and glad to hear eveything's going well!

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its so nice to see you back around again!

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well - keep in touch with us!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, Allie!
Glad things are going so well for you! I have 3 new foster kittens...they go to be neutered tomorrow!

I'm sure you have been roasting in this Illinois heat wave. Thanks for popping in to let us know you are doing ok! Stay cool!

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Allie. It's great to hear from you. Glad all's well with you, Ian and the kitties!

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Allie! I was just thinking about you the other day and was going to PM you to see where you'd disappeared to, glad everything is going so well!

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad you stopped by!

That's really exciting about the TV show...will it be a series, or a one-time show? Either way, you guys will get great exposure!

Have a happy birthday (on Friday)!

phenomsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Animal Planet Show sound awesome!! Glad to hear things are going well! Hope you find time to stop in a little more regular!!

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Glad to hear from you Allie! I was just thinking about you as I read The Lioness Rampant book again.
Pop back in a few times, if you can!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by clixpix

Glad you stopped by!

That's really exciting about the TV show...will it be a series, or a one-time show? Either way, you guys will get great exposure!

Have a happy birthday (on Friday)!
It's going to be a series...and we've gotten ok'd by 90% of the people we need, so we're waiting on the other 10%! I'll need some forum vibes that we get put on the air and the plight of our kitties gets some good exposure!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Allie! I've been wondering where you disappeared to! The "shelter reality show" sounds great - we have one here, and it really helps to raise adoption rates.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by babyharley

Its so nice to see you back around again!

I'm glad to hear that everything is going well - keep in touch with us!
What Kenzie said!! Hi Allie!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

It's going to be a series...and we've gotten ok'd by 90% of the people we need, so we're waiting on the other 10%! I'll need some forum vibes that we get put on the air and the plight of our kitties gets some good exposure!
be sure to tell us the name & showtimes so we can all watch it!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jcat

Hi, Allie! I've been wondering where you disappeared to! The "shelter reality show" sounds great - we have one here, and it really helps to raise adoption rates.
I betcha IMO was getting quiet without me around!

I really hope we get the show. It would really help us sort of spread some of our more "progressive" ideals (i.e. pediatric s/n, spay/aborts on pregnant queens, no declawing, only turning away cats when we're full- not when they need special care or attention) and even get other shelters to take after us, in addition to boosting adoption rates, etc.

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by lionessrampant

I think it sounds fantastic! Plenty of vibes for you guys to get approved. I think their Animal Precinct shows do very well, so I don't know why this wouldn't do equally well. I think it would do amazing things for your adoption rates, not to mention promoting your shelter's ideals.