Hey group we are upgrading the forums

xdx

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive noticed that some peoples signatures and images are taking longer to load. Also when in posting mode some of the frames seem bigger than they should be. hope that makes sense. I uses Firefox if thats got anything to do woith it.

Dx

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Search Mozilla's help for a way to empty your cache.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It worked for Firefox!!

If you are using Firefox, go into Tools, Options, then the Personal Options. The bottom option is Cache, and click the Clear button. Then just reload the page and it seems to be working fine now - including the smilies!

icklemiss21

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure if this one has been brought up yet but it doesn't seem to be realising that I have read threads - there are some that have no new posts and they are coming up as having replies ?

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've noticed this today, too. I figured it was connected to emptying my cache.

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Clearing my cache solved my quick reply problem. However howcome green eyes isn't showing as green and there's lots of icky grey and blue?

Also its running terribly slow today!

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by icklemiss21

Thats what i thought but I have restarted my computer since and its still the same - its saying all the posts from the last week are new
I agree. Every time I come back to the board, it seems as though there are more and more old posts marked as unread...... Think I'll log out and try that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Are you guys sure you are reading this right? I show the same thing, but if you look on the page it says-

The threads below have not been updated since your last visit but still contain unread posts.

Heck in this case, over half of the forums have been unread by me!

paul m

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
The unread posts is due to the new database thread marking system in 3.5 - it no longer uses cookies, but records threads you have read in the database. On initial switch on (i.e. this morning) it will consider everything for the last 7 days as unread - until you start reading them. You can clear them all if you want by using the "Mark Forums Read" in quicklinks.

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for all your work on this upgrade, Paul. There's no end of little details, I'm sure. My eyes thank you for the restoration of the vB default skin -- the others may have more "character" but this one is the gentlest.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I 2nd that. Paul, you have done a great job with this upgrade.