Here's what nuns do...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You guys are so great - supportive and funny.

Just wanted to file a report on last night. Yes, there was chocolate!
(along with a lot of laughter), which usually happens when we get together.

I'm glad to hear so many of you have had fun, positive experiences with the sisters and priests you know.

I have to admit to being pretty intimidated by the nuns I had as teachers, especially in grade school. We had one who still believed in using a wooden paddle on kids when they misbehaved.

My experience in high school was much more positive. That's when I came in contact with the community I'm now part of. They're a great bunch of faith-filled, dedicated and down-to-earth women.

esrgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm pretty sure I'd like to join your order. Signing up includes desserts right? My husband might get upset, but I'm all for free dessert!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When my twin sis and I were in college (waaay back when!!) there was a newly ordained priest at our childhood church who was also a twin (he was a priest too!)
anyhow (can't think of his name offhand) he and my sister went running alot together and both the them were really nice. It was difficult to believe that they were priests.
So that experience overrides the thoughts that you can't have fun loving priests and nuns-I think people can connect better.

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by esrgirl

I'm pretty sure I'd like to join your order. Signing up includes desserts right? My husband might get upset, but I'm all for free dessert!
We're always looking for dessert loving new members!

sumosmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Eileen, are your kitties named after famous actors/actresses? (I always think it's interesting when people name their pets with human names!)

eilcon

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by sumosmom

Eileen, are your kitties named after famous actors/actresses? (I always think it's interesting when people name their pets with human names!)
The only named after somebody famous is Peter (for the saint). The girls got names I'd probably would have chosen for human kids, if I'd had them. I just like cute human names for cats.