hepatic lipidosis

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwoman87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Waiting to hear back from doc. I believe the metro was not entirely for antibiotic purposes. I may not be remembering correctly. I'll update once I Talk to vet. Any reasons why she shouldn't be on 2 anti biotics?

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Metro is an antibiotic that has anti-inflammatory properties.  It is often given for IBD.  My kitty stays on a steroid and has only had two very mild flares in the three years that he has been on it which is a big improvement.  Both times the vet gave him a round of metro to add to the steroid.  I would question the clavamox.  I think it's just questioning the need for 2 different antibiotics.

cprcheetah

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Metronidazole is an antibiotic that takes care of anaerobic and parasitic infections.  Clavamox is used to kill both gram negative and gram positive infections.  It is mostly used for skin infections, mouth infections, upper respiratory, bladder and staph infections.  By giving both of these antibiotics you are probably killing all bacteria (both good and bad) and in the intestines which can cause further problems.  Is your cat on probiotics?  If not, I would definitely add them, make sure you give them in between antibiotics, so if you give antibiotics in the morning and night give the probiotics at noon.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

catwoman87

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok. I'll ask about the Probiotics as well. Big improvement seen today. I have her in a bedroom by herself to monitor h her eating and stools (when I'm not home or sleeping) she woke me up this morning banging on the door to come out. I'm crossing my fingers but she ate a decent portion of food on her own as well.