Hepatic Lipidosis - What to expect

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Banana0364

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Any news, Banana0364? We're all wondering how Binx's vet visit went.
Sorry was a bit of an anxious day. The vet visit went better than expected, she said he is still yellow and lost a couple of ounces but overall his eyes look brighter. She prescribed more anti nausea medicine because he only want to take a certain amount of food and we need to get him to eat more. Sounds like it's going to be a slow, emotional process. But we have hope, so that's good. Not sure I shared but Binx is my daughters kitty, (in her mind anyway lol) although he has been with me through her college years and moving to England she loves him and hates being away during this. My hope that he survives so she can see him the next time she comes home. Thank you all for your support, it means a lot. ♥

lavishsqualor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's such wonderful news! As others here have said, hepatic lipidosis is a long haul, but with the excellent care Binx is getting I feel as if he's going to pull through. I really am just so happy to hear that his vet thought he looked better, even if just marginally so. There's been too much sadness lately what with the death of daftcat's lovely Krista and tarsgirl's indomitable Tarifa. We're due some good news!

Please keep us posted. We're all here for you and care very much.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Banana0364

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
That's such wonderful news! As others here have said, hepatic lipidosis is a long haul, but with the excellent care Binx is getting I feel as if he's going to pull through. I really am just so happy to hear that his vet thought he looked better, even if just marginally so. There's been too much sadness lately what with the death of daftcat's lovely Krista and tarsgirl's indomitable Tarifa. We're due some good news!

Please keep us posted. We're all here for you and care very much.
Sorry I haven't responded sooner, I lost my older brother over the weekend😢 . Binx is slowly showing signs of improvement, taking in more food and holding it down. Moving around a little more but still very weak. He has a follow up appointment tomorrow, I will keep everyone posted.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry about your brother. I am glad that Binx is improving. It will be slow and it will be little baby steps at the beginning but it sounds like he is on the mend.