Hepatic Lipidosis Fatty Liver Syndrome

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If your girl by some chance is really constipated, that can be one reason for the throwing up. I do feed more than 12 cc at at time (far more) when I feed Tyler, he does not throw it up.

I am glad you have a vet apt. tomorrow, I would tell them about how long it's been since she's gone, and no, I would not tackle this w/ an enema at home, not when she's not gone in a few days.

Just my 2 cents,

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I gaver her an over the counter Mineral Oil Only enema and it worked and of course since I gave it in the bathtub and had the litter box there it made a HUGE mess(the litterbox did). The poopies were really really hard and leathery yuck! That cant possibly be healthy
but atleast we got something out of her....It is 2:22 am and I am supposed to 1)be to work in the morning 2)drop Precious off at the Doctor's Office 3)I have a medical test 4)Closing 5)and after my test I am still expected back at work uh!!! I am stressed to the maximum I need help with all this I mean dont get me wrong I am in no way compromising Precious's health she is getting what she needs but man am I drained and it has only been 1.5 days but if you take that I have been to the emergency vet 2x and the regular vet 2x since Thursday you would understand. I feel like a bad pet owner I have been yelling at Vash ALOT today but of course he keeps doing things to warrant it but usually I am alot more tolerant....I am so tired I am headed to bed.

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Don't be so hard on yourself, Amanda; you are under a tremendous amount of stress right now. When I was nursing my 2 sick babies the emotional aspect of it all just wore me down. There were nights I couldn't wait to plop into bed, just to lay there worrying. I think you're doing great so far. Like I said before, this is a huge commitment of time & effort but you do what you have to do.
Also, how much sub-q fluid is Precious getting? I was told that you really can't give a cat too much when they're in this condition. That could have something to do with her hard stool. (I typically gave 75-100 2x daily)
Is there anyway you could leave Precious at the vet's for a day or 2 until things settle down a little?
Big hugs to you & your sweet girl.

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well the Vet wanted Precious for the day and I overslept I was so tired and didnt make it in to the office. I went to work only to come home so I could take her in. The vet has her on 75 something or other a day I cant remember what the amount of the fluids are cause it is premeasured. I want to have them keep her today and tomorrow but that is another 100.00. Although at this point I think I might leave her there so I can get my sanity back. Well I am off to the office....I didnt tell the vet I gave her an enema I didnt want her to get mad....

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda, it's important they know how backed up she was, and what the results were of the enema (how much approx., what color and consistency...can you tell I am a retired nurse?? Hah!) and most of all, exactly what you used for the enema.

Mad or not, it's important they know she's having this issue, so they can suggest or prescribe something to prevent it from happening again (they may prescribe lacutulose for instance).

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well when I dropped precious off I told the vet all of the above information before I even saw your post lol. she said it was a great idea knowing precious was backed up and they are keeping her for two days cause we are moving etc which is good. The vet knows what is right for precious as far as the CC's for feedings because if she gets anymore Precious throws up so I definitely trust her on this now for the AWESOME NEWS!!! I got the endorsement in the mail cause I had upgraded our pet insurance and GUESS what? The Superior plan was put in effect prior to her illness meaning we may come out okay on the vet bills

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to hear you told her, and it sounds like you have a good working relationship with this vet. Congrats on the pet insurance news

amandaj6

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I cant stay on long I wanted to let you know of the update. We moved in to our house on July 4th but no internet until 7/15. I am sad to tell you all Precious was put to sleep on Saturday July 8th I will explain all later but I appreciate all the help

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry, Amanda
You were doing everything you could for her. I wish so much it would have turned out differently. Precious has a special little place in your heart and will always be with you

RIP sweet girl

libby74

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Amanda, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm sure you did all you could for your sweet Precious.